Nikon Compact Flash, which brand good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoko

Aug 18, 2006
Hi,

Hope u all dun mind me asking a stupid question.. which brand of compact flash is good? I have heard of high speed, normal speed, etc from the same brand...

Can all kindly enlighten me?

Thank you. :D

Hi, I think for Nikon, the SB-800 is quite a good flash to start with.

Minoltian said:
Hi, I think for Nikon, the SB-800 is quite a good flash to start with.

bingo.....regret if u dun get it...

dreamerz said:
hmm...i think he is asking abt CF cards...nt flash...

for normal usage kingston elitePro 50x should b enuf...

:bsmilie:

after reading TS stuff i still dun get it..:think:

jacquesvile said:
halo minoltian, u r not nikonian & u very sleepy liao
go for sandisk & kingston, but sandisk got alot of pirated one.
chk thisk link out http://www.vector-magnetics.com/dealers.html
nt ppl slpy...is the TS nv state properly...i was almost fooled by the qus the TS asked oso...
when did nikon produce CF card...so he assume tat it was nikon flash...

Naoko said:
Hi,

Hope u all dun mind me asking a stupid question.. which brand of compact flash is good? I have heard of high speed, normal speed, etc from the same brand...

That's really stupid question :bsmilie: . IIRC, Nikon never produce CF.

If from the same brand, price will determine the speed of CF.

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
That's really stupid question :bsmilie: . IIRC, Nikon never produce CF.

If from the same brand, price will determine the speed of CF.

Regards,
Arto.

Whats so hard to understand?

TS isnt asking about Nikon made Compact Flash cards (CF!!!) He is asking which ones work well with Nikon cameras.

Jees!

Anyway, I personally like Sandisk, and ive heard Lexar are fast and reliable aswell, i might go get one later.

Sorry for the misunderstanding..

I am not talking abt FLASH... i am talking about CF... haha.. because there are a few brands, like scandisk.. etc.. then got high speed, ultra high speed, normal.. etc.. so i am a bit confuse...

Nevertheless, Thks for all the help...:D

wildstallion said:
Whats so hard to understand?

TS isnt asking about Nikon made Compact Flash cards (CF!!!) He is asking which ones work well with Nikon cameras.

Jees!

Anyway, I personally like Sandisk, and ive heard Lexar are fast and reliable aswell, i might go get one later.
Wah..., so good. You can read his/her mind :bsmilie: .

Regards,
Arto.

Naoko said:
Hi,

Sandisk eXtreme III 8GB will last you quite some time. :devil:

The more populat brand of CF cards ppl use here are Lexar, Sandisk, Transcend. They come in different speed, eg 80X, 120X, etc, buy the fastest speed available.

IMHO, it is better to have 4x1GB than 1x4GB. Imagine if one card fail... If you have 4x1GB, you still have 3 working cards in hand. If you have 1x4GB, you need to buy a new one... (another 4GB...:bsmilie: ).

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
IMHO, it is better to have 4x1GB than 1x4GB. Imagine if one card fail... If you have 4x1GB, you still have 3 working cards in hand. If you have 1x4GB, you need to buy a new one... (another 4GB...:bsmilie: ).

Regards,
Arto.

I agree. That's why the max I have is only a 2GB.

Artosoft said:

Regards,
Arto.
Although I agree with u, and I have 4 pieces of 1GB CF cards.
But in probability, the chance of 1x4GB fail is lower than the chance of 4x1GB fail.

Astin said:
Although I agree with u, and I have 4 pieces of 1GB CF cards.
But in probability, the chance of 1x4GB fail is lower than the chance of 4x1GB fail.
I think is the same probability for total 4GB (1x4GB or 4x1GB), each cells have a chance to fail. But, when one cell fail on 1x4GB, the card (may) totally useless. If one cell fail on 4x1GB, 1 card (may) totally useless, 3 cards survive.

Though, I am not sure if we can use the card if one cell fail on data area (like hardisk?).
What I understand is if the cell fail on card's FAT area, the card will be totally unusable.

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.