Nikon Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Pics of my cats taken with the Nikon D700 and Nikon lenses.

107782573.jpg

Nobby

107783116.jpg

Puffy

108219831.jpg

Tong Tong

108219832.jpg

Miu Miu

wow, very nice shots. I like the bokeh very much!
Thanks for viewing. :)

Here's a few more with smooth blurred backgrounds...

101734734.jpg

Ginny

101734737.jpg

Missy

102054539.jpg

Willy

#1 and #7 why so cute :eek:

Excellent quality and yr subjects have real character :thumbsup: ... #6 very "Zen" :)

All of these felines belong to you? Cool!
Excellent shots, and I especially love Nobby for his/her eyes! Such character!

Nobby looks like some Wall Street banker. :thumbsup:

#1 and #7 why so cute :eek:
You must be a cat-lover ! All cats look cute to cat-lovers. :)
But seriously, I think #1 looked cute in this shot because of the way he posed. Very serious and aloof... and full of character.
#7 is a naturally very manja cat and it usually comes through in most of his photos including this one which was shot at a unusual angle.

Hehe everytime see these cats taken with diff setups :) Must be great having so many full time models living with you. I like #1 and #5 here.

Excellent quality and yr subjects have real character :thumbsup: ... #6 very "Zen" :)

All of these felines belong to you? Cool!
Excellent shots, and I especially love Nobby for his/her eyes! Such character!

Nobby looks like some Wall Street banker. :thumbsup:

Great shots!!Full of character.....the eyes of the cats look awesome.

Yes, they are all mine. All 15 of them... I'm trying to document them all with the D700 but it can be quite difficult to get them all at one time as some of them are camera shy and like some humans would deliberately ruin the shots at the last moment. Also, some of them are not available for 'modelling' at the time I shoot as they are taking their cat-naps like all cats do 18 hrs a day. :)

After living with them for a while, I find that cats have very individual and unique characters... even in the same litter, each sibling has his/her own unique personality. Their personality and character comes through non-verbally in photos in their eyes which I try to capture in my shots.

Last edited:
Yes, they are all mine. All 15 of them... I'm trying to document them all with the D700 but it can be quite difficult to get them all at one time as some of them are camera shy and like some humans would deliberately ruin the shots at the last moment. Also, some of them are not available for 'modelling' at the time I shoot as they are taking their cat-naps like all cats do 18 hrs a day. :)

After living with for a while, I find that cats have very individual and unique characters... even in the same litter, each sibling has his/her own unique personality. Their personality and character comes through non-verbally in photos in their eyes which I try to capture in my shots.

Wow!! 15! :sweatsm:
Love the shots! Especially Nobby and Willy! Their characters shone through the shots.
Great work!

wow!:lovegrin: All of them have character! :bsmilie:

Why is it that only some of them have cut ears? 'coz I'v seen almost cats here in singa have their ears cut.:dunno:

Pics of my cats taken with the Nikon D700 and Nikon lenses.

107782573.jpg

Nobby

Like this one... A pussy with an attitude... :bsmilie:;)

Hehe everytime see these cats taken with diff setups :) Must be great having so many full time models living with you. I like #1 and #5 here.
Yes, I like to take their photos to document their growth and development over the years just like parents take their children's photos as they grow up... these cats are my fur-kids. ;)

They also help to give my equipment a workout as I like to test out the capabilities of the cameras and lenses that I acquire on them.

These are the latest low light, large aperture shots taken with my newest acquisition... the Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.4G

108256272.jpg

Ki Ki

108256273.jpg

Loki

108256271.jpg

Candy

Last edited:
wow!:lovegrin: All of them have character! :bsmilie:

Why is it that only some of them have cut ears? 'coz I'v seen almost cats here in singa have their ears cut.:dunno:
Actually, only one of my cats, Missy has a clipped ear. Sterilised cats' ears are only clipped if they are to be released back to the streets as sterilised strays to make them easily recognised as sterilised cats.

All my cats are sterilised but since they are all house-cats, I see no need to mutilate them by clipping their ears. Missy however was sterilised and clipped by her previous owner who subsequently cruelly abandoned her. I came upon her scrounging for food in my neighbourhood and adopted her and she has been with me ever since.

You are tempting me to change to the 50mm as well.. haa.. the bokeh is so nice!! but it doesnt AF with my body... sighz.. maybe its time to change!! haha.. Nice pictureS!

Actually, only one of my cats, Missy has a clipped ear. Sterilised cats' ears are only clipped if they are to be released back to the streets as sterilised strays to make them easily recognised as sterilised cats.

All my cats are sterilised but since they are all house-cats, I see no need to mutilate them by clipping their ears. Missy however was sterilised and clipped by her previous owner who subsequently cruelly abandoned her. I came upon her scrounging for food in my neighbourhood and adopted her and she has been with me ever since.

:thumbsup:

can I ask you what the breed of Tong Tong and Puffy are? they look lovely!

wow.. love those blue eyes of willy and candy...
are they siblings??
nice sets bro..

Status
Not open for further replies.