Nikon Capture vs Capture One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royce

Aug 25, 2003
Singapore
www.roycelithgo.com
Recently installed the new C1 version and had a good try of it over the weekend. Initially had a problem with whitebalance settings (deep blue colour in the photo was burning badly), but changing camera profile from D100 flash to Adobe RGB fixed that.

I think I'm a convert now. I found the C1 workflow great, much easier to get through my images, work out which ones to keep and which ones to trash. C1 renders a lot more details in the image than NC, especially in shadows.

Interested to hear your thoughts on these programs. Very interested to here any tips on C1 or where I can get more information as the documentation that comes with it is pretty light (although I'm only using the trial version so far).

What are the fundamental differences bw C1 Pro and SE? I've been using SE and looks good enough for my purposes (and a lot cheaper than Pro).

Which Nikon camera are you using... I am using C1 for couple of months on Canon

c1 wins :thumbsup: in recovering details over nc, in addition c1 workflow steps is intuitive. too bad it is $$$

have anyone try the new c1 3.5 pro? the last demo I tried is 1.3.1.

freelancer said:
Which Nikon camera are you using... I am using C1 for couple of months on Canon

I'm using D100

offspring said:
c1 wins :thumbsup: in recovering details over nc, in addition c1 workflow steps is intuitive. too bad it is $$$

have anyone try the new c1 3.5 pro? the last demo I tried is 1.3.1.

I tried 3.5 SE - was very impressed. A zillion times faster using that compared to NC4. Only prob is $US 249 to buy it and 5 days left of the trial!! LE is only $99, but doesn't support Pro cameras, which my next cam purchase will be.

What is Capture 1 and where can I get it?

Anyone care to post a link?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.