Nikon Capture NX/Nikon View Pro/Nikon Pictmotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool!

I should think that Nikon View Pro is free (as an upgrade to Nikon View 6?), where Capture NX should be a paid software..

Nevertheless, looking forward to seeing them in action!

It's about time man. I always feel Nikon software to be a little archaic and needs more improvements.

Hhmmm.... NC NX... no more 4.x ... think won't be a free upgrade this time round:(

According to sources, the NX is a totally re-written application different from the current NCs and hopefully, they are not plagued by the bugs currently existing withing the same NC framework.

mpenza said:
buy buy buy.... are these bundled with the newer DSLRs?

I don't think so.. should be releasing in Apr?
Even they are bundled... Capture NX should be just a demo only. :(

mpenza said:
buy buy buy.... are these bundled with the newer DSLRs?
I never thought I'd see the day you go BBB. :bsmilie:

hhhhmmm..... we wouldn't know until the software is properly reviewed by DPreview, Thom Hogan or Bjorn Roslett.

I hope Nikon provide upgrade option for NC user....

Regards,
Arto.

Artosoft said:
I hope Nikon provide upgrade option for NC user....

Regards,
Arto.

totally agree! :cheergal:

wish list tho... can't they just bundle it with all new DSLR purchases? ;p

nightwolf75 said:
wish list tho... can't they just bundle it with all new DSLR purchases? ;p
Would raise the price of the DSLRs.

From the look of the demo video, I believe that Nikon has integrated the Nik Color Efex engine into Nikon Capture. I hope this does not raise the price too much...NC4 - US$99, Nik Color Efex Complete for Nikon Capture - US$175...combined engine $$$?? :think:

deadpixel said:

From the look of the demo video, I believe that Nikon has integrated the Nik Color Efex engine into Nikon Capture. I hope this does not raise the price too much...NC4 - US$99, Nik Color Efex Complete for Nikon Capture - US$175...combined engine $$$?? :think:

yes.. but, IMO, a few hundred dollars for a very useful piece of software to be included in the selling price, in comparison to the thousands on the body only is worth it.

and, you're right. it does seem Nikon and Nik colour have combined the 2 softwares together. all the better for us! i've the color Efex plugins on my NC, and they are extremely useful. :thumbsup:

Be careful the Nik for NC NX is different from the one for NC 4.

deadpixel said:

Status
Not open for further replies.