Nikon / Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng85

Sep 13, 2010
hi all, 1st post here

Just curious, is there a specific type of photos these brands are better at?
Like maybe either one brand is better at taking landscape? or Indoor? or wildlife?

Pretty noob here ;) but interested to learn more from ur experience.:D

I believe both can do pretty well in those areas, depending on the lens and the skill of the photographer. Its more of a branding thingy between the 2, thats my personal opinion. ;)

I have personally heard from 2 professional photographer say that they prefer nikon because it gives warmer skin tones in people portraits. That's a personal preference.

Some say canon makes better landscapes because it gives more neutral colors

This nikon/canon debate have been going on for decades.

I personally don't like warm skin tones in Asian skin because it makes us look too yellowish. I like a neutral skin tone

however with today's technology, all there can be change via controlling the white balance or thru post processing

hi all, 1st post here

Like maybe either one brand is better at taking landscape? or Indoor? or wildlife?

Its the photographer that matters, better photographer = better pictures not the brand of the camera.

Expect to get some harsh comments, this topic has come on far too many times

hi all, 1st post here

Nothing is better to each other, It's only depends on your taste.

But I will agree to some extent on Sports, AF is very important thing to consider.

Hehehe this topic has been discussed to death.
Both are huge companies with extensive lineup of digital cameras.
Both constantly try to outdo each other.

I don't agree that _____ is better than ____ for certain genres, etc.

They are practically neck and neck in terms of what they offer to the market. If you're looking to buy a camera, you ought to know what sort of stuff you are most likely to shoot, then identify your needs, shortlist some models that fit your budget, and try holding them and playing around with their interface to ensure you are comfortable with the ergonomics. Even within the same brand, the button and menu layout may be different, so don't jump to conclusions on a brand simply from the interaction with one camera body. Ideally you should get what you are comfortable with, then use the equipment to its full potential.

Another thing you should consider is the lens lineup by each camera brand. Some brands may have 'better' lenses for certain types of photography, so you should bear that in mind too. I have not mentioned any particular brand, simply because I think you should make the decision yourself, after having tried out the gear that's available on the market. It's likely to be a tedious process, but it will be worth your while when you've found one that suits your photographic needs.

Thx for all who posted so far. :D
I think u guys r right. None really excel the other. Its really up to individual pref. :D

:bsmilie: .. try both and see how... the one you like less can pass to me afterwards....:sweatsm:

Welcome to CS . . . :)

Your own preference in terms of the brand . . . try both and see which one is suitable for you.

I have personally heard from 2 professional photographer say that they prefer nikon because it gives warmer skin tones in people portraits. That's a personal preference.

Some say canon makes better landscapes because it gives more neutral colors

This nikon/canon debate have been going on for decades.

I personally don't like warm skin tones in Asian skin because it makes us look too yellowish. I like a neutral skin tone

however with today's technology, all there can be change via controlling the white balance or thru post processing

If talking about skin tones in Jpeg out of cam, nothing beats Fuji S series DSLRs... S5pro S3pro and S2pro... :thumbsup:

If talking about skin tones in Jpeg out of cam, nothing beats Fuji S series DSLRs... S5pro S3pro and S2pro... :thumbsup:

Naaah, I prefer the A900 skin tones. :)

Its all about preferences. Welcome:)

I bought Nikon caused most of my friends use it. Main thing is we can share lenses. I borrow his 70-200, he borrow my 85 1.4 etc...etc....

One of my friend bought Nikon because he says it felt better in his hands. Some bought Canon because of the HD video.

In summary, buy what is best for u. But do check out the new D7000. The specs is amazing for this price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.