Nikon & Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgboy83

Sep 21, 2008
Anyone knows where Nikon and Canon DSLR are made from? I know that Nikon D80/D90 are from Thailand. Are they reliable then?

Toyotas and Hondas are made in Msia and thailand. are they lousy ?

MacbookPros and Macbooks are made in China are they lousy ?

and i don't understand.. why would anyone care about where these things came from, not as if you would get one set from china, and one set from thailand. and they would be inferior from one another in one way from another...

all in all...

in MODERN CONTEXT... does it really matter ?

I think it does matter a bit. Cuz the parts may be made locally. Try getting a Toyota from China.

Anyone knows where Nikon and Canon DSLR are made from? I know that Nikon D80/D90 are from Thailand. Are they reliable then?

Not so sure about Nikon. I've got a powershot from Malaysia. The DSLRs are from Japan. For cost savings, new releases normally are made in Japan. When the production is stabilized, they might move the production line to other country.

sometimes they are problematic too you know..

try the Leica's/ Zeiss thats made in Germany..

You know, China has some skilled and competent workers, likewise, japan has some unskilled and incompetent workers too you know.. Cant seriously be stereotyping 1 billion over people?

You know, China has some skilled and competent workers, likewise, japan has some unskilled and incompetent workers too you know.. Cant seriously be stereotyping 1 billion over people?

Maybe the milk crisis is a good example.

Last edited:
So you would want to stop buying Japan made camera since they also have a lot of scandals such as:

There are many more such cases all around the world if you do a simple google...

What has these cases got to do with cameras? People tend to be safer when it comes to food. Camera dun kill you. That was just an example.

So you would want to stop buying Japan made camera since they also have a lot of scandals such as:

There are many more such cases all around the world if you do a simple google...

guess its the country recognition ... jap products were known to be good quality...their race dedication to doing something right had ensure that their product made has been top notch.
of course there were cases of inferior prod but the probability is lower.

Read somewhere jap cars has the fewest fault compared to the likes of other made.

if its made in japan, you feel that the made quality wont be that bad.

coming back to china .... i still remember that there was a documentary bout haier...before they reform, their workers heck care the product quality ... if its spoils it spoils...that said much bout the commitment of the worker to making the products...

having said that ... there are no statistic that Jap camera prod are better... maybe can start 1 ... haha... :bsmilie:

For the lenses made in Japan, where do they got the parts ? from Japan or China ?

Ryan

OH NO!!!! My D80 made in Thailand....:sweat:

Thailand is fine. But if it is China, you should really be worried. Not sure what kind of QC or materials they have in there... :bsmilie:

and i don't understand.. why would anyone care about where these things came from, not as if you would get one set from china, and one set from thailand. and they would be inferior from one another in one way from another...

all in all...

in MODERN CONTEXT... does it really matter ?

matters or not ,is two thing

i pay for it, and i have the right to choose

so, it matters

sometimes they are problematic too you know..

try the Leica's/ Zeiss thats made in Germany..

yes, not say not made in china is good,

but i pay for it and i have the right to say china no good
and who or why shud i care what is really good or no good

the Leicas/zeiss thats made in Germany may no be good, i don't know
but if so, i wud still prefer those made ther e than if say made in china/thailand/whatever...
my money, my choice,

i know u joking but since u bot it, use it and enjoy

of course, if say, d80 comes from 2 ares... (a)made in Thai, (b)made in Japan
then have choice to make and if premium is within budget, then of course i buy japan

freedom of choice

What has these cases got to do with cameras? People tend to be safer when it comes to food. Camera dun kill you. That was just an example.

it has everything to do with cameras
i don't know about actual cameras but canon dslr batterys of some older models made in china has exploded before in the camera

no choice
sad but true

i also stereo... what to do... get real

if u have same money, u own a co.; china and japan workers equal std, equal pay, eq producivity and skill

u employ which workers more in your plant?

the most, the japs guys rape the girls......... but the chinese....
they KILL, KILL, KILL in every sense ...

Status
Not open for further replies.