Nikon & Canon statistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMocha

May 23, 2007
The Upper Room
Yes, I'm too free now and nothing to do, so I turned analytical.

Here are some Nikon & Canon statistic for this forum.

Threads Posts
Canon 9,135 138,011

Nikon 8,641 167,022

Base on the statistic, Canon users or Cannon wannabes asked more questions and have less to say than Nikon users & Nikon wannabes.

It seem that Nikon users are more passionate about Nikon or maybe Nikon users are just more long winded.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

oh well.... there used to be user that posted tonnes of things in nikon thread... take note: nikon only

he's the person with the highest number of posts back then and 90% of his thread is in nikon... in a way he contributed to the high post in nikon thread.

i know there are alot of unnecessary threads on cs but this one i really gotta say... is this necessary???????? :confused:

Just go out there and shoot shoot shoot

Time spent on debating Canon vs Nikon could be use to shoot more pictures..

The more pictures you shoot the more experience you got

Cheers

Threads Posts
Canon 9,135 138,011

Nikon 8,641 167,022

Base on the statistic, Canon users or Cannon wannabes asked more questions and have less to say than Nikon users & Nikon wannabes.

It seem that Nikon users are more passionate about Nikon or maybe Nikon users are just more long winded.

If you know what you need, won't there be less to ask?

Threads Posts
Canon 9,135 138,011

Nikon 8,641 167,022

Isn't it obvious? More Canon users were probably conned into buying Canon and when it didn't meet their expectations, so naturally they will ask more questions. I think for someone who know nuts about DSLR or photography, when they step into a shop wanting to buy a camera, the salesperson will automatically try to sell a Canon because the profit is higher.

People who buy Nikon already know what they wanted, so it's just more of a higher level discussion than just newbie questions. Salespeople hate to sell Nikon and will not recommend Nikon unless the customer asks for it because the profit margin is not high.

oh well.... there used to be user that posted tonnes of things in nikon thread... take note: nikon only

he's the person with the highest number of posts back then and 90% of his thread is in nikon... in a way he contributed to the high post in nikon thread.

If he's who I think he is, he's with Canon now.

Isn't it obvious? More Canon users were probably conned into buying Canon and when it didn't meet their expectations, so naturally they will ask more questions. I think for someone who know nuts about DSLR or photography, when they step into a shop wanting to buy a camera, the salesperson will automatically try to sell a Canon because the profit is higher.

People who buy Nikon already know what they wanted, so it's just more of a higher level discussion than just newbie questions. Salespeople hate to sell Nikon and will not recommend Nikon unless the customer asks for it because the profit margin is not high.

Think it's quite true. Just overheard a saleman hardselling a Canon 400D to a lady the other day at Best Takashimaya. Guess the lady bought it in the end, hope she will not regret it. :bsmilie:

Think it's quite true. Just overheard a saleman hardselling a Canon 400D to a lady the other day at Best Takashimaya. Guess the lady bought it in the end, hope she will not regret it. :bsmilie:

To be fair... it happens to both camps lah... some also bought the D40 and found that they cannot autofocus with 50mm f/1.8.

I think this discussion will go nowhere....:dunno:

BC

Wow, you must be 1 of the most diehard nikon fans around... just from thread statistics you can infer that ppl were "conned" in to buying canon?

seriously.. i hope this doesnt turn into a flaming thread.

i own quite a number of canon and nikon systems. and each has their pros and cons. so, it all depends what the user preference is. no offence but i seriously think the TS is freaking bored in making this thread and gathering such statistics.

peace out

wonder why there is a need for such a thread?:bsmilie: each brand hold their own ground.

Not sure if that is really true, but I personally experienced something like this. I walked into the shop intending to buy a Nikon, but was swayed to buy a Canon. Two years later, I bought a Nikon anyway, this time from fellow CSers! ;)

i know there are alot of unnecessary threads on cs but this one i really gotta say... is this necessary???????? :confused:

There is a thread on culture of clubsnap, I'm just doing a social study reaserch and the result is very interesting....it's not often I get a chance to be a newbie in an online forum to ask newbie questions. ROFL

There is a thread on culture of clubsnap, I'm just doing a social study reaserch and the result is very interesting....it's not often I get a chance to be a newbie in an online forum to ask newbie questions. ROFL

ur study not detail enuff..how abt the rest of the sub-forums?

seriously.. i hope this doesnt turn into a flaming thread.

People, take it easy. No flaming, just interpret the statistic in your own ways.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and their views on the statistic since there is no right and wrong. Have fun and let's see how interesting it can get.

Any flamer will be a self-proclaim retard.

so... if my english serves me well, ur answer to my question on whether this is necessary is yes, because you are a newbie here...?

right.... ok, hope u turn oldbie soon... as in like.. grow up.. "forumwise" of course. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.