Nikon, Canon or Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

2.8photography

Jul 19, 2007
which of these cameras do you think is the best, and why? i think these cameras can be quite fairly compared. also, what do you think of the equipment each brand provides?

1. Canon 400D
2. Nikon D80
3. Sony Alpha A100

Cheers:)

None of them is the best. It is depend on ur skill and how you compose your photo

A camera is just an equipment for you to take photos. It's the person behind the camera that matters. I have seen pictures taken with a PnS which surpassed those taken with a high end DSLR.

Even if we leave the photographer's skill and creativity out of the context, the "best" camera still depends on an individual's preferences. I prefer a camera which feels good in my rather big hand thus I think D80 is the best camera, for me, in spite of the good high ISO performance, built-in anti-dust features that are offered by the other cameras. Those who favour these features will definitely think otherwise.

Though I agee with your replies, my answer is to look out for reviews in major camera review sites (like dpreview, megapixel.net). There are positives in every camera when compared with others and one has to choose what he finally wants.

Though I agee with your replies, my answer is to look out for reviews in major camera review sites (like dpreview, megapixel.net). There are positives in every camera when compared with others and one has to choose what he finally wants.

Reviews will only answer so much with regards to the image quality, performance and the hardware specifications but handling is something very subjective and only the buyer will be able to determine which is best. That's why we always tell others or have been told to go down to the shops to try all of them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.