Nikon camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

nard

Jan 5, 2003
Visit site
Saw the advert for Nikon F75.
Should i get it? Btw, where should i go to get Nikon cameras?

Thanks for your advice.

:dunno:

budget? less than 1k.
for recreation...but i do hope to go formal training like, the photography course at PSS eventually

was considering a digital but felt that i could not get a good one for that price.

nard,

Places to buy:
1. Cathay Photo (get an equote from them first, so that u know the roughly price)
2. The Camera Workshop

Should u buy F75?
~ I am kind of prefer F80. With S$1k, u can get a F80 + Tokina ATX PRO II 28-70mm f2.8 lens (2nd hand). Buy F80 and worry free from upgrading in a long time (F100, the next better model than F80 is $$$ very far away from F80)

Hope this helps...

For less than 1K, I suggest get the F80 commonly the black color prefered, the 28 -80 lens that came with it. Get a decent tripod. Flash may not need initially as already built-in with the F80. Personnel advice, don't shoot at the zoo for a start which will demand you for longer range lenses. Concentrate of scenery shot and I think this kit could be enough. If have extra cash, you may get the Nikon 28 -105 instead of the 28 - 80.

Wish you good luck.

Cheers.:cool:

i would recommend an F80 also. (but i'm biased as i bought one!) it's <$700 new, or you might be able to get a 2ndhand one. i agree with kho king's advice to get a better quality 2ndhand lens rather than a new kit lens that's mediocre.

the F75 is not bad, lightweight & cheaper than F80. but i don't like the 28-80 G lens.
(edit: reason is that it has small max aperture and is flimsy {altho light})

Thanks for the advice... i am really new and am grateful to all you kind folks.
but must say that some of the stuff posted really quite above my head.
will go check out the website.

btw, do people go to Seed to buy cameras? (sorry, if this qn seems dumb)
:embrass:

Of course, :D Come and Spend :D CS members are more then glad to see u spend $$ :) :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.