Nikon booth at PC show

Status
Not open for further replies.
acorn said:
i see...ok...thanks!

what is the normal price then, without mass order? also, is it essential to have a remote?

CP is selling the ML-L1 for $22. However, for the D70 there's also the ML-L3 (not sure of the price, but should be cheaper than ML-L1). Its made in China (unlike the ML-L1 which is made in Japan, which might account for the difference), but unlike the ML-L1, there's a battery compartment door so you can change the battery easily. The ML-L1 is supposedly glued together, so you might have to pry it open carefully if you wanna change the battery.

The remote is good for when you want to take a shot with yourself in it, no need to set the timer and run :bsmilie: Also, if you're taking long exposure shots, its good to use the remote to trigger the shutter so you don't get camera shake from pressing the shutter

GYR

Those who want to buy D70, I have check that the sales person say this is a new batch of D70, which have fix the back focusing problem. For those who buy the last batch during PC show, have back focusing.

es0teric said:
Those who want to buy D70, I have check that the sales person say this is a new batch of D70, which have fix the back focusing problem. For those who buy the last batch during PC show, have back focusing.

Did you take down the name of the person who said that?

It would be a damn shame if nikon really knew about the backfocusing problems and did not do a product recall.

espn said:
They don't provide instalment, but I believe Hitachi Credit should be around, maybe you can try approaching them. But beware 6.25% P.A interest.

I went down today with my GF and ask if they offer any installment plans, the guy told me they offered only DBS or POSB credit card installment schement. No extra changes on top of the $2288 price tag with many free gifts worth $300+!! Woa :bigeyes: no extra charges for credit card leh. Quite a good deal man. You still can upgrade the 256mb scandisk card (free in the bundle) to 512, 1gb or 2gb at a small cost. I should have waited for this PC show for my D70. 'Cheng Seem' arhhh :kok: :mad2:

Zerstorer said:
Did you take down the name of the person who said that?

It would be a damn shame if nikon really knew about the backfocusing problems and did not do a product recall.

I wonder how he knew that.. as far as Nikon is concerned, there is NO backfocus problem in the D70.. sounds like a marketing ploy to attract more buyers :dunno:

Anyway, a product recall is a bit extreme, as the percentages of units with BF is small compared to the actual numbers sold. Exactly the reason why Nikon would not admit to it, they'd get mass returns of D70s, with the majority of them working perfectly, or "backfocusing" due to user error (most of the time)..

Weird.... I asked and the fella told me none.... Oh well... I don't have DBS/POSB credit card... So no chance... Anyway... If you are getting them to do installment with those shops that does not offer "interest free" installment, you will be charged an admin fee of about 3% of the amount... This is true for Citibank and standchart card... I know because my car insurance is done this way!!! (Was too late to check if I can do it without interest!)

Status
Not open for further replies.