Nikon Body's With Built In Autofocus Motor

realrealfake

Jun 22, 2011
Hi All,

Curiosity kills the cat.....

Have anyone ponder when a lens with AF motor is used on a body with built in AF motor.

Which motor is doing the AF job? The lens or the body?

Pls bare with me if it is a very silly Q.....:)

Thanks....

I think if both have both will be used? if not just the lens AF-S working on non motorized bodies. Not too sure either, let the seniors advice. haha cheers.

Hi All,

Curiosity kills the cat.....

Have anyone ponder when a lens with AF motor is used on a body with built in AF motor.

Which motor is doing the AF job? The lens or the body?

Pls bare with me if it is a very silly Q.....:)

Thanks....

Erm. First, you need to understand how in-body AF works - it's connected to a small screw, which slots into the lens at the mount. That's how it turns the gears in the lens to let it focus.

Lenses with AF in the lens to NOT have this slot for the screw, obviously, thus only the in-lens AF motor *can* be used.

how come people with such high level of curiosity don't even bother to look at the lens mount and figure it out? :dunno:

how come people with such high level of curiosity don't even bother to look at the lens mount and figure it out? :dunno:
It seems to be academic curiosity ... paired with problems about usage of Genitive.

Last edited:

Because we're living in a Stomp generation... Rather than explore and learn for yourself, they'd rather post on a forum and get fed?