Nikon Battery Charger spoil - MH-18a

lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
Can I get it repaired at a cheaper price than to buy brand new?

Or anyone has extra can sell to me? :)

Thank you.

Up for help! :dunno:

You can buy a 3rd party one for cheap.

Yeah, Nikon chargers nowadays are quite pathetic, I dropped mine once and it broken the transformer wire....... LL have to pick up another at CP.

Whether it broke or spoiled electronically, it is not worthwhile to repair.... most are made in malaysia anyway!

You can buy a 3rd party one for cheap.

No lah, better not. Later charge until by batt spoil also...by the way how much is the 3rd party charger? :)

Yeah, Nikon chargers nowadays are quite pathetic, I dropped mine once and it broken the transformer wire....... LL have to pick up another at CP.

Whether it broke or spoiled electronically, it is not worthwhile to repair.... most are made in malaysia anyway!

How much did you pay for it?

you can try post a wtb in Personal Classifieds.

Posted leh, no one respond.

I think it's better to buy a new one if you want the original. Mine was spoilt few months back and posting a thread WTB on B&S section got me some respond but all price quoted was more expensive than a brand new charger. One even had the cheek to call me n quote me $80 and when I told him nah, too expensive and he replied "It's a brand new one and from my D200" (so what if it's from D200) and I told him brand new are selling 50+ only. In the end bought from NSC at $57 w/gst. ;p

Last edited:
I think it's better to buy a new one if you want the original. Mine was spoilt few months back and posting a thread WTB on B&S section got me some respond but all price quoted was more expensive than a brand new charger. One even had the cheek to call me n quote me $80 and when I told him nah, too expensive and he replied "It's a brand new one and from my D200" (so what if it's from D200) and I told him brand new are selling 50+ only. In the end bought from NSC at $57 w/gst. ;p

Haha...same here....I received a response from "guocoleis"; this person didn't do his research and quoted me $70...anyhow..:angry:

I may either buy from NSC or CP....or BEST buy a D700 for the battery charger. One stone kill 2 birds; get a FX + battery charger, some more come with one additional battery also :bsmilie:

Any suggestion on the latter?

Last edited:
How much did you pay for it?

Don't worry, just contact your favourite store and check, the cost is not high.... you may get cheaper than the RRP! Phew! it was a relief!:sweat:

Last edited:
Haha...same here....I received a response from "guocoleis"; this person didn't do his research and quoted me $70...anyhow..:angry:

I may either buy from NSC or CP....or BEST buy a D700 for the battery charger. One stone kill 2 birds; get a FX + battery charger, some more come with one additional battery also :bsmilie:

Any suggestion on the latter?

If you purchase D700 and get the battery charger, you will have two (or more) batteries and still only have one charger. Need to take turn for charging the batteries, that need to be considered especially in the traveling.

Don't worry, just contact your favourite store and check, the cost is not high.... you may get cheaper than the RRP! Phew! it was a relief!:sweat:

Yup :)

If you purchase D700 and get the battery charger, you will have two (or more) batteries and still only have one charger. Need to take turn for charging the batteries, that need to be considered especially in the traveling.

Ya man, thanks for the reminder ;)

Lost my charger once on a trip. Really painful as I liked the orginal charger & battery. Shops are not selling the charger any cheaper & in fact can be more ex, even on B&S. So ended up got replacement direct from NSC. Forget 3rd parties here, not worth it. Just got my D700 & found to my pleasant surprise the batteries are the same for D90 so now have 4 batteries & 2 chargers in all, really great with less chance of being caught out without "juice". You got the right idea but best get replacement too :bsmilie:

Last edited: