Nikon Asia withdraws Invitation for camera launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingkor

Dec 18, 2006
I received an email with an Invitation from Nikon Asia for the D700 launch on July 18 and gladly sent in my acceptance straight away.

Now I find that they are withdrawing the invitation after I had to chase them for a reply to my acceptance, citing that the launch was not meant for the public.

They did not have the decency to contact me to inform me of this fact and left me hanging in the air waiting for a reply.

Can you believe a serious commercial organisation making a booboo like this??

since nikon treat u like ****, then change to other camera brands... there are aplenty around

pentax is good, got clubsnapper use pentax and won award here :thumbsup:

I suppose this invitation was strictly for their club only.

there is always the unofficial session to go to what

it is not like as if you have never made a mistake before

They did indicate seats are limited and are first come first serve basis.
Maybe there are many that sent before you.
Below is the quote from their email.

Seats are limited and are on a first-come-first-serve basis, so hurry up and send in your RSVP before it's too late! Confirmation of attendance will be communicated to you via email.

they've been doing that since the D3 official launch in S'pore, or maybe it goes way longer.

if they have to invite, i would think they should first and foremost invite NPS members only as they are mostly the professionals in the field and most of them uses their cameras and lenses and other equipments in their commercial work.

but the truth is, Nikon Singapore don't do that. some of these invitations go out to the masses which is inclusive of non-professionals in the field.

anyway, there is the unofficial D700 meet up gathering. just go for that.

they've been doing that since the D3 official launch in S'pore, or maybe it goes way longer.

if they have to invite, i would think they should first and foremost invite NPS members only as they are mostly the professionals in the field and most of them uses their cameras and lenses and other equipments in their commercial work.

but the truth is, Nikon Singapore don't do that. some of these invitations go out to the masses which is inclusive of non-professionals in the field.

anyway, there is the unofficial D700 meet up gathering. just go for that.

hehe professional no need invitation lah, they will be just given the camera to try loh.
Nikon users also no need to invite because they will buy them sooner or later.
This launch is for the other users who are not using their stuff one mah. :sweatsm:

hehe professional no need invitation lah, they will be just given the camera to try loh.
Nikon users also no need to invite because they will buy them sooner or later.
This launch is for the other users who are not using their stuff one mah. :sweatsm:

maybe.
:)

i think really overwhelming response lah..or their room ultra small :bsmilie:

anyway i received an invite from nikon club and responded immediately also. received a mail later saying sorry..full. oh well. next time lah...when they get larger premises. :bsmilie:

i think really overwhelming response lah..or their room ultra small :bsmilie:

anyway i received an invite from nikon club and responded immediately also. received a mail later saying sorry..full. oh well. next time lah...when they get larger premises. :bsmilie:

they know u got D3 wat... :devil:

For those who are not able to attend the official launch dun need to be disappointed...everyone makes mistake so be forgiving.
I'm sure if u make a mistake u wish others can be forgiving too right?

basically the event is just sitting down and listening to the presentation of the new products
why get upset if you're not invited? why not go for the informal session on 25th Jul instead at Millennia Walk Burger King at 6.30
less crowd, everyone can chit chat, eat dinner, make friends and molest the camera there too.

That is wat the coffee session is for...so that those who missed out...don't need to make do with the wat asia canon club.

Status
Not open for further replies.