Nikon Announces the J2 plus more

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
NIKON Singapore is pleased to announce the 4 new products launched worldwide on 9th August 2012. They are the Nikon 1 J2 Advanced Camera with Interchangeable Lenses (ACIL), a new 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, a Nikon 1 J1 and J2-compatible Waterproof Case WP-N1, and finally, the COOLPIX L610!

J2_11_27_5_OR_front.jpg

now in orange too

11_27_5_WH_b.jpg

tiny pancake zoom

WP_N1_front34r.jpg

a water proof case

L610_SL_front_lo.jpg

and a new coolpix L610

pricing and availability is not know yet

The sensor is ok for both V1/J1 as noise level is quite clean but my only complain is it lack a fast prime & a wide angle lens...

I agree about lenses. I could think of a dozen lenses that the 1 system could use, but Nikon went ahead and made a lens that no one would ever want.

Is it that hard to make a 6-18mm f4 and a 30 f1.8?

Given that Nikon1 system is still in the infant stage, give it some more time to mature. Hopefully Nikon will bring in more lenses and accessory to build up a more comprehensive system.

Sticking to my Dslr system for the time being.

Lucky I sold my j1 from the hsbc promo...lol

Put the RX100's sensor in a V1, add some more external controls and I'll bite.
No thanks on this one.

Is the RX100 sensor better than the V1/J2 sensor?

Every single review I've seen praises it to no end. Double the detail, same noise performance.
It doesn't have on-sensor PDAF like the Nikon 1 though.

Thanks. Interesting for Nikon to put a sensor the size used in compacts in an ILC. :bsmilie:

nicorn said:
and there's many trying to sell their j1 too..

and compare to RRP

It's still a good cam and current asking price of $500 seems good compared to street price. Those who are asking for $550 or even $700 will have to be prepared to wait a while..

Fyi sold mine below $500...

Someone here bought already the J2? How much is the street price here?

Last edited:
should check the new lens being announced... under US$200... 18.5mm/1.8 FF equivalent of 50mm/1.8 I think this lens has some potential. Check the sample images out.

ageha said:
Someone here bought already the J1? How much is the street price here?

Should be around 450 for the kit, there should be folks selling their brand new redeemed sets from the hsbc infinity card promo...I sold mine a while back at 450.

Should be around 450 for the kit, there should be folks selling their brand new redeemed sets from the hsbc infinity card promo...I sold mine a while back at 450.

Ops, sorry I meant the J2 the thread it about

klim828 said:
I think everyone's still trying to clear their J1 stock!

True but I want a J2, the J1 doesn't come in orange. ;-)

True but I want a J2, the J1 doesn't come in orange. ;-)

You will probably be the only one in the world carrying this! :D