Nikon Announces: Coolpix P7700

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
[video=youtube;9jV93nbhO5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jV93nbhO5U[/video]

Nikon has just unveiled the new Coolpix P7700 advanced compact camera, which comes as an update to the P7100.

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NIKON LAUNCHES THE COOLPIX P7700 DIGITAL COMPACT CAMERA AS ITS FLAGSHIP MODEL FOR THE COOLPIX SERIES

The Newest COOLPIX Flagship Model Brings Photography Enthusiasts and Users Closer to the Level of Digital-SLR Cameras

TOKYO, 9 AUGUST 2012 - Today, Nikon Corporation announced the COOLPIX P7700, a high-performance digital compact camera that represents the COOLPIX line’s most advanced flagship model to date, giving users an exciting and fulfilling photography experience similar to that of digital-SLR cameras in a more compact and affordable package.

As the successor to the P7100, the new P7700 offers several key advances over its predecessor, including faster continuous shooting modes and better image quality for photos taken at high sensitivity settings. With a large 1/1.7-inch backside illuminated (BSI) CMOS sensor with an effective 12.2-million pixel count, the P7700 offers high-speed continuous shooting at approximately 8 fps1 for full-resolution 4000x3000 images, for up to six consecutive images, making it suitable to capture fast-moving subjects.

1At a setting of Continuous H with image size and quality settings of 12M/NORM (JPEG)

Quality Images Even in Low-Light Conditions
The P7700 is equipped with a bright and fast 7.1X optical zoom lens that covers an extensive focal length range from 28mm to 200mm and a maximum aperture of f/2.0 at the wide-angle position and f/4.0 at the telephoto position. Moreover, this high-performance lens has a 7-blade iris diaphragm that gives beautiful background blur when combined with the large f/2.0 aperture.

Users can experience amazing quality and sharpness in their photos or record crisp and clear full-HD movies, thanks to the camera’s noise reduction capabilities and built-in Lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) image stabilisation that minimizes the effects of camera shake in challenging light conditions. For photographing close-up subjects, macro shooting is possible from as close as approximately 2cm (at wide-angle setting).

Manual Control and Special Effects Allow for Greater Creativity
Similar to the manual modes found in digital-SLR cameras, four exposure modes (Program, Shutter, Aperture, Manual) and three user settings (U1, U2, U3) give users boundless creative opportunities to explore and master different photography techniques.
Users can also choose from ten special effects to create even more interesting photos, including Cross Process (converting a positive colour image into a negative one or vice versa), Zoom Exposure (zooming effect to create dynamic pictures radiating out from the centre), and Defocus During Exposure (to make images appear softer).

No optical viewfinder this time round?

Much much much much better design than the 1 series. Finally I feel something nice about Nikon's Coolpix series.

i find this camera very interesting
anyone owned this yet??

Got a price of $6xx from AP, case + 8gb card
almost what a dslr user asked for :)

just wondering can this used the Speedlight SB-N5 (v1 system)
cos it looks more chio than the sb400 imo

i find this camera very interesting
anyone owned this yet??

Got a price of $6xx from AP, case + 8gb card
almost what a dslr user asked for :)

just wondering can this used the Speedlight SB-N5 (v1 system)
cos it looks more chio than the sb400 imo

Based on the manual, it doesnt state that it can work with speedlight SB-N5.
I have gotten the camera for 2 wks+ and didnt really have much time playing with it. What i love most is the dials and buttons that are available and resembles a DSLR. Built quality is quite good except for the shutter release and the zoom in/out lever which feels alit plastic.

Dont expect this camera to have very good ISO performance like the Sony RX100 but personally I feel that it is usable up to 3200 with a lit post process denoise. Another thing that I dun like about the camera is that when I shoot raw format, it takes quite a while to write the raw file into the memory card.

tks undergrd, tested this at AP as well

quite impressive to me, waiting for a hotshoe tilt screen from nikon for awhile
mic input + gps + CLS

I have been using it for a week in Korea, will post photos later

quick poison me

Last edited:
tks undergrd, tested this at AP as well

quite impressive to me, waiting for a hotshoe tilt screen from nikon for awhile
mic input + gps + CLS

Act the mic input capability is one of the function that interest me. Want to learn videography with mic input.... I think it is gg to be a fun cameara to own.

akan datang

but here is a teaser

DSCN0767.jpg

N Seoul Tower
taken by my wife who is not a photographer, handheld using the auto scene mode
what do you think?

ortega said:
akan datang

but here is a teaser

N Seoul Tower
taken by my wife who is not a photographer, handheld using the auto scene mode
what do you think?

Seems quite clean.
Can share setting and any pp?
Thks.

For this image only slight adjustment, resize and unsharp mask was done. I believe the exif data is still intact.

can include the exif data?
tks

i'll add a little more poison

DSCN0689.jpg

Focal Length In 35mm Film: 28
ISO Speed Ratings: 80
FNumber: 4
Exposure Time: 1 / 20

Last edited:
tks ...
went around but did not find grey set for this cam
haha

SLRR $63x with gst cash/nets

Wonder if the new SB-N7 Speedlight can use on P7700. Would be nice if it is able to...