Nikon and Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.

cklingkwok

Mar 26, 2008
I been using 350d for the past 6 months. Then yesterday i went to my frd place n try out his nikon d50. The colour seems to be more colour or should i say nicer.

What do u guys think?

Well that doesn't mean colours produced by Canon cameras aren't good enough. From what I know, default colour settings produced by Nikon are a tad too saturated. Canon's colour reproduction are quite neutral but that doesn't mean they can't produce saturated colours. Just tweak your camera settings or edit your shots on PS or other photo softwares and you'll get the punchy colours you want. :)

I been using 350d for the past 6 months. Then yesterday i went to my frd place n try out his nikon d50. The colour seems to be more colour or should i say nicer.

What do u guys think?

Dont you know you can get saturated color with your 350D like u see fr D50? :bsmilie:

What do u guys think?

it really depends on you. if you like it, why not, dont need to bother what others think.

the only thing that keeps me from nikon back then was the not so nice skin tone compare to a canon, but after the switch, i begining to love that punchy colors. And newer nikon models has neutral settings for skin tones also not to mention the in camera HDR (D-lighting) works really good, great for people dont like post processing, although i still do pp.

I see the dark side in you, welcome to the empire :bsmilie:

What do u guys think?

u can tune your output saturation in your menu.

sometimes i feel that the saturation from nikon is too much. but if u like it, its fine. just a matter of preference.

personal i prefer canon colors to nikon, of coz, i am leaving out other brands. ;p

What do u guys think?

i find that pentax colors are nicer :sticktong:sticktong

color can be adjusted.

Compare apples to apples. First: where do you check the colours? At the tiny LCD screen or at a properly profiled monitor? Then: what JPG processing has been done in the camera? Compare the settings and put them to "0" or "neutral" of you want a direct comparison of camera output. Thirdly: a lot of things can be done on post processing.

Flamebait! LOL I like olympus colour. :D
By the way with photoshop you can saturate the colour as much as you like, even for photo taken with phonecam.

Compare apples to apples. First: where do you check the colours? At the tiny LCD screen or at a properly profiled monitor? Then: what JPG processing has been done in the camera? Compare the settings and put them to "0" or "neutral" of you want a direct comparison of camera output. Thirdly: a lot of things can be done on post processing.

Fourthly: the light is everything when it comes to colors as well.

Shoot more and compare less. Such threads have tendency of inviting flaming and war between diehard Nikon and Cannon users. SO TS if you feel your Canon DSLR not up to the mark give it to me, i scrap it on your behalf.

Shoot more and compare less. Such threads have tendency of inviting flaming and war between diehard Nikon and Cannon users.

Especially when Nikon users make such nice typos :bsmilie: ... Ok, enough OT :)

set all your images parameters to +1 and see how it goes...

Thanks lot to all comment.

It also depends on lighting. Different angles of lighting and type of lighting will affect your view on colours.

What do u guys think?

Canon is natural and Nikon is saturated. End of story.

350D can produce incredible pieces, give me Canon 5D mark 3, or 350D doesn't make a difference, it's a great cam, no qualms about it (though I don't use it), some even held exhibitions with pics taken in 350D.

If you like colors just tweak the saturation or something. FYI, higher end cams are even duller.

Status
Not open for further replies.