Nikon AFS 24mm f1.4G

slacker123 said:
i have to say that this is the most extraordinary performing wide angle (prime) lens that I have ever used in my life.

Probably also one of the most expensive. ;) but shiok right? ;)

If I ask "FF or this lens(on DX) first?.."
What will you say...:)

I bought this lens because I want the perspective of 24mm on FF. Depend on what focal length you want to shoot often. If mounted on DX, it will become a 36mm, which I think is neither here nor there. I shoot with 24mm and 50mm/85mm on two DSLR bodies though.

redmonsoon said:

It becomes a 35 prime on dx. But I feel it is a waste on dx, especially when it is so expensive.

Grats with the new lens. A lovely piece which I'd like to have, but no funds for. =(

The slow focusing seems to be present in the last 2 G lenses, namely this and on the 50 f/1.4G. Hope they rectify the problem before they release new lenses again.

IT IS a damn fine bit of glass ;)

I must admit that the price is astronomical, but I think it's dependent on the photographer to find a use for it. Ostensibly, Nikon believes that there are sufficient photographers who will appreciate this lens despite its hefty price tag!

It's my most used lens now... besides the LEICA 24 1.4 is two to three times the price YET the nikon is sharper ;)

So price is ok - IF you NEED this lens ;)

When I first bought this lens for a wedding shoot and went home to edit the pictures, I was stunned by the sharpness, contrast, bokeh and perspective given by this lens, comparing side-by-side the other pictures taken with the 50mm f1.4G.

Last edited: