Nikon AFD 35 F2.0 vs AFS DX 35 F1.8

blurblur

Aug 10, 2006
Singapore
Hi,

I'm new to nikon. Can any brother enlighten me the diff between the 2 lens. Thanks

Thanks for the help. :sweat:

Finding the DX35 but MScolor & Cathey no stock :(

Hahahahah

35 1.4G is only dreaming & I'm new dun waste the len:bsmilie:

Hahahahah

35 1.4G is only dreaming & I'm new dun waste the len:bsmilie:

Just don't always dreaming ...

Wait for few months later than you could rent it from camera rental and play around ;)

Yeah, try to save SGD300 per month and 7 months later you can get one to fullfil your dream ;)

Yeah, try to save SGD300 per month and 7 months later you can get one to fullfil your dream ;)

In the next 7 months, another lenses (maybe AF-S 50mm f/1.2G ?) would be announced, so there would be another dream and money is still not enough ...

;)

U can also consider the Sigma 30mm F1.4.. i rated this lens the top among the 35 f2 and 35 f1.8 interm of center sharpness and bokeh... but if budget is a concern the 35mm F1.8 is the best..

Depend on what you need actually...35mm and 50mm are too closed the focal length. Buying a more than $2k lens but always keep it at home is not a good idea.

In the next 7 months, another lenses (maybe AF-S 50mm f/1.2G ?) would be announced, so there would be another dream and money is still not enough ...

;)

Thanks bro, I got my 35 1.8. is almost slient & impress:bigeyes:

Yes, all Nikon new G lenses are plastic. If want full metal, you can only go for manual focus Carl Zeiss, Leica and Voigtlander lenses.

24 and 35 1.4g are both plastic barrel rite?

hey guys I'am new here too, I see that the FX 35mm has a inf sign on it, while the DX 35mm does not. what's the diff???

hey guys I'am new here too, I see that the FX 35mm has a inf sign on it, while the DX 35mm does not. what's the diff???

Inf = Infinity ?
Should be no difference. All lens could focus on Infinity though.

yup, inf for infinity. cause I saw the sign from photos and price still a price diff, so I'm asking this. thx anyway.

Do know that the 35/1.8 also works on fx cam bodies on fx mode. Very slight vignetting on wide apertures (f4 and below) but very usable. Sharper than 35/2 and faster focusing too if on d700. If on d3, the afd is faster because of the faster screw drive motor. Because of this the 35/1.8 is fast attaining cult status.

This is a route you can consider if you do not have budget for the 35/1.4

Last edited: