NIKON AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR - Official Thread

No stock. pay first then collect.

I wouldn't pay up front, just in case the shop is low on nikon's priority and doesn't get the lens fast. Its an ugly tactic some shops do to get a sale but can't commit to a real date of collection. $2599 is a very high price, I paid way lesser in the $22xx levels.

Expect a long wait. Nikon's still having a hard time keeping with demand + they had to recall the older stock to update the firmware.

Check with TK or MS color, they can put you on the pre-order queue (I didn't have to pay first)

Is there really just no stock in all of Singapore...

AFAIK, no stock for quite awhile. (I do drop in the regular shops to check if stock comes in for my friends) Stocks will come in for sure, so leave your details at your friendly camera store to ensure you get it quick.

The fact that Hong Kong is low/zero on stock kind of shows the whole situation with the lens. (Last I checked, its going around sgd$29xx for ready stock there)

Saw one copy in Cathay Photo Marina last week. Was gone on the same day. Read in Nikon Rumors website that Nikon Japan had issued an apology for the world wide shortage. Hot!!

Saw one copy in Cathay Photo Marina last week. Was gone on the same day. Read in Nikon Rumors website that Nikon Japan had issued an apology for the world wide shortage. Hot!!

Now quite widely in stock in korea and msia. Around 2300 sgd.

Saw someone collect the lenses today. Does it include the tripod collar or have to separate buy?

Saw someone collect the lenses today. Does it include the tripod collar or have to separate buy?

Separate. Uses the same as the 70-200/4

Last edited:
nice pics!... shot using a crop sensor??...

Thanks. No, these were with the D810. (The flickr link will show the exact specs)

When I first got the 300pf, i paired it with the d7200, but felt the camera was too small, and the D810 still has better dynamic range at higher ISO.

D810 in 1.2x crop mode is lovely for nature shooting in my opinion, and pairs well with the 300pf (I have the TC in the bag if something's really far)

Seems like not many buyers here.... maybe waiting till all bugs worked out and real reviews come out ?

I'm planning mine for DEC... Patience is a virtue they say. :) :thumbsup:

Seems like not many buyers here.... maybe waiting till all bugs worked out and real reviews come out ? I'm planning mine for DEC... Patience is a virtue they say. :) :thumbsup:

Any update on the stock locally??

Any update on the stock locally??

Some shops still have a waiting list to be fulfilled (I know quite a few have given up..) Haven't seen any on the shelf at all.

Amazon/B&H had stocks briefly, but i just checked and its out again.

Got it 3 weeks ago at a local shop
Casually asked and they took out a copy from the storeroom.
Told me someone just cancelled the preorder and so can release it to me. Apparently many folks preorder at all major shops (without deposit) and therefore there are many cancellations when stock arrive cos they already got it from elsewhere.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Told me someone just cancelled the preorder and so can release it to me. Apparently many folks preorder at all major shops (without deposit) and therefore there are many cancellations when stock arrive cos they already got it from elsewhere.

Enjoy your new lens, bro and congrats on your new purchase !

Great salesman there.

Hey Bro, How much you got the lens? PM will do. Cheers!