Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

Foress

May 20, 2011
EDIT: Finally bought this from Orient Photo.

Let this thread discuss the greatness of this lens! :)

Last edited:
Hey,

Looking to get this lens AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED.
Found out artworkfoto.com/nikon_camera_lens_and_flash.html
sells at 2.3k.

Isit authentic?
I've checked from the clubsnap nikon price list and the cheapest deal people got was at 2.5k.
Thanks!

P.S Apologies if it's in the wrong section.

Dear Foress, Artworkfoto is a trusted and reliable shop in singapore. It's safe so don't worry :)

By the way, lenses can NEVER be duplicated. So it's 110% authentic

Last edited:
alright! thanks for the tip!
i've read that it's a HK set. would that matter much? warranty is local.
local set cheapest at 2.5k. this one 2.3k. worth 200bux more for a local set?

It all depends on you. Do u trust artworkfoto more or the local nikon distributor more. Is the difference in price worth the difference in the trust level between the two?

alright! thanks for the tip!
i've read that it's a HK set. would that matter much? warranty is local.
local set cheapest at 2.5k. this one 2.3k. worth 200bux more for a local set?

Local set with local nikon warranty. The HK set should be shop warranty only. Not sure how theirs works though.

It all depends on you. Do u trust artworkfoto more or the local nikon distributor more. Is the difference in price worth the difference in the trust level between the two?

you're right.
maybe it's worth 200bux more to get local warranty from nikon.

Artworkfoto is a very reliable shop. As stated in their website regarding their lenses, "All are Brand New with one year warranty from Artworkfoto."

So depends on whether you feel the $200 saved is worth it or not.

1 year after the warranty expired, you can sell it in B&S section with lesseer loss compared to those buying local set.

would you all recommend me getting from TK photo(local set, 2.5k as listed on the clubsnap nikon pricelist) or artworkfoto(2.3k)?

Maybe you can go Malaysia and buy it at artworkfoto prices but with Nikon warranty.

would you all recommend me getting from TK photo(local set, 2.5k as listed on the clubsnap nikon pricelist) or artworkfoto(2.3k)?

I would recommend you to get a 2nd hand which is selling for 1.9k to 2k in B&S section. Usually, it's around 1year+ in age, you save around $500 - $600 and 1 year later if you want to sell away, you are making less losses.

my 1 cent.

Dear Foress, Artworkfoto is a trusted and reliable shop in singapore. It's safe so don't worry :)

By the way, lenses can NEVER be duplicated. So it's 110% authentic

Hehe.. I think this statement is still true for now but you never know what will happen in future. Anything can be duplicated, including humans.

If it is confirmed to be a grey set, you have to decide if you want to bet S$200 that your lens will not need any servicing in the first year.

bruggink said:
Hehe.. I think this statement is still true for now but you never know what will happen in future. Anything can be duplicated, including humans.

Actually, reasons to make fake products is to spend minimum money to try to make maximum money guerilla style quickly.

Making lenses is not exactly a small investment, and people who buy lenses are usually very discerning people, and they do check the lenses and mount them to check.

For people who buy fake items, is for show, but most people buy lenses to use to get good pictures. Fake lenses just for show ain't gonna fly too much if IQ is affected.

And if a factory can make lenses as good as Nikon, they will make more money with their own brand rather than making fakes and risk all that capital investment.

shelomoh said:
If it is confirmed to be a grey set, you have to decide if you want to bet S$200 that your lens will not need any servicing in the first year.

Yes the above is the main consideration for those buying Grey, Yes its a gamble, no one can tell you 'How lucky do you feel.."..:)

$200 divided by 12 months, you only pay $16.67per month for the local warranty. I think it's pretty worth it if you have concern about warranty.

HEY! im so sorry to OT, recently i got 1 d7k from tk.. can i ask if its local set if the box there stated (HK) kit set or smth i cant rem, but its locak nikon warranty

in other way round, how to know if its local or grey set?? sorry

Last edited:
to me, the 200 bucks difference isnt worth for me to take a gamble. if it's at least 400+ bucks cheaper, or if the price of a grey item is roughly the same price of the similar 2nd hand item with excellent condition, then i will consider buying the grey set instead.