Nikon AF-S 500mm will you try it before you buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benz61

Dec 20, 2008
Today I just had a ridiculous suggestion from Nikon Singapore that they will let me test out their 400mm not even their 500mm lens at their office downstairs they only can T-loan to people who owe a camera shop how stupid that can be. On top of that their pricing from oversea is almost $1.2k difference. You guys will buy from local or overseas ?

Ridiculous? :bsmilie: I believe that none of the lense manufacturers would actually loan out test units of their lense, especially those big long zooms to just anyone. If so, they would be hell lot of busy, and lots of maintenance/repairs to make.

However, if they have a unit in their showroom, they might let one test it out, on the spot, and not loan out of the office.

And for Nikon, once in a while there's outings organised, they'll probably have big zooms brought for the event, u might want to try them out then. :)

Today I just had a ridiculous suggestion from Nikon Singapore that they will let me test out their 400mm not even their 500mm lens at their office downstairs they only can T-loan to people who owe a camera shop how stupid that can be. On top of that their pricing from oversea is almost $1.2k difference. You guys will buy from local or overseas ?

Are you sure they still have a showroom downstairs?

Get your facts correct before posting.

What is so stupid.

Why would they entrust you with a $11 - $13k lens ie. t/loan just to test the lens?

Last edited:
Ridiculous? Why don't you try to see IF there's any salesman in Singapore would actually T-loan a 500mm or even 40mm to you out of their shops.

Wake up man.....

Are you sure they still have a showroom downstairs?

Get your facts correct before posting.

What is so stupid.

Why would they entrust you with a $11 - $13k lens ie. t/loan just to test the lens?
Sorry that is what they told me that they will ask one of their staff to bring the test set 400mm to test with me . They do loan the lens for others to test it just depend who you are. I guess we are in the same group amature to them and not pro. Anyway , I don't bother with them why must let them earn my money I just ordered the lens from the net and it cost me almost $1.5k cheaper. What kind of of service are we talking when I bought my Ferrari they even help to take the car back to service for you.

Sorry that is what they told me that they will ask one of their staff to bring the test set 400mm to test with me . They do loan the lens for others to test it just depend who you are. I guess we are in the same group amature to them and not pro. Anyway , I don't bother with them why must let them earn my money I just ordered the lens from the net and it cost me almost $1.5k cheaper. What kind of of service are we talking when I bought my Ferrari they even help to take the car back to service for you.

Saving $1500 w/o testing the $10k+ lens? Hope that the place that you ordered will offer to collect your lens back for you if any problem arise.

this is the most arrogant thread i've ever come across in clubsnap forum...
So sorry 355Rossa maybe I am just too hot at that time actually I have offered quite a lot of suggestion to them even Cathay photo offered to let me try but unfortunatly they don't have stock. It is just my character if i can do it on my own means I will do it and I don't need them for help . I am also in the service line I don't do that to my client. Hope you understand and I not trying to be arrogant and from the 355 nic I would not be surprise that you own a 355? But nevertheless is not important. Soory that this thread has caused so much unhappiness I think we should stop here.

difference between a ferrari and a lens is just a few hundred thousand more. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a free toolkit in the boot to fix it yourself.
;)

Saving $1500 w/o testing the $10k+ lens? Hope that the place that you ordered will offer to collect your lens back for you if any problem arise.

I even told them I will buy from overseas and she told me that can do so as the warranty is international.

difference between a ferrari and a lens is just a few hundred thousand more. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a free toolkit in the boot to fix it yourself.
;)

Everything is relative if you are going to spend $12k on a lens it means that you are buying their premium product. Put yourself in my shoes will you buy it before you try it ?

this is the most arrogant thread i've ever come across in clubsnap forum...

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

How lian
What has Ferrari got to do with Clubsnap. :bsmilie:

My friend in the repo business told me that is is not uncommon for him to repo Ferarri, Benz, Posche etc. He predicted he would see more of these in time to come. :sweatsm:

When I wanted to get the AFS II 500mm 5 years back I knew what I wanted and just go to Cathay ask Steven Kuek to get me one, paid and go off to shoot. Similarly when I got my 200-400mmf4 I just go to Lords, asked James for one, pay and go off to shoot happily. What's the big deal! Must t/loan etc etc cannot get it come here to rant and call people "stupid"

driving ferrari and complaining about that few bucks of difference... :think:
You guys are missing the picture I am not complaining about the price difference rather the service they give. Moreover , is $1.5k not a few hundred !!!!

Everybody likes exotic glass. Nikon Singapore probably receives all kinds of unsolicited queries for such loans all the time. The fact that they were prepared to entertain your cold-call request and offered a 400mm big glass for test is already testimony to their good customer service.

Reading your post, it appears that you were going to order from the net in any event. It appears that you were never planning to buy from Nikon Singapore, loaning of test set or otherwise. In this context, why should Nikon Singapore satisfy your curiosity just for the sake of it? Your request for a test set was on bad faith in the first place.

Are you a troll, benz61? I think this is a flamebait and the moderator would be wise to delete this groundless accusation that is attempting to tarnish Nikon Singapore's good name.

btw, I am not a Nikon Singapore staff, nor am I a Nikon user.

no, i don't own any ferrari. i am just a ferrari enthusiast and 355 is the most beautiful ferrari ever... hence my nick...

:)

Thank for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.