Nikon AF-S 300mm F/4, some queries I've got on this lens..

WhiteFields

Sep 14, 2010
Singapore
www.facebook.com
hi guys.. I've looks through the net.. found a review done by photozone
and some feedbacks from user in FM.. maybe i didn't search enough.. was
hoping to get more reviews..

anyway, I would like some end user opinions from you guys who have come
across this lens or still using it currently.. :) how does it fare? would appreciate
it very much if there are some sample photos.. be it edited or unedited..

lastly, I would like to know if this lens can be converted into a Macro monster?
what kind of direction should one take to for the conversion? macro converter/extension
tubes/close up lens/raynox? these are the few ways found when going through clubsnap..
not very sure which is which and their specific uses/functions..

will be very nice if you guys are to guide me along and shed some light on macro photography.. :)

TIA! ;)

I have a copy of the lens. Very sharp, and the IQ will not disappoint, the focusing however is not as fast as I would love to have.

For macro conversion, you can try slapping a closeup filter or extension tubes but it will be quite big and unwieldy, u probably get better results from a dedicated macro lens.

Ryan

I own the older lesn (AF 300mm f/4) and have used the AF-S version briefly. It is a useful lens. Images are good at f/4, which is primarily the aperture I use when using the lens. From my limited use of the lens, IQ peaks at about f/8, which is quite typical, I believe.

tried before a copy of this. Image quality is real good! Though the AF speed feels a tad slower than i thought...

Am considering getting a 300mm f/4 as well... but am worried it might be a white elephant