Nikon AF 35mm f2D

Die Hard

Jun 4, 2007
Hi :) Any of you got this FX lens ? Can anyone advice how good is this lens on FX body ?
Thanks In Adv ;)

This is one of the best Nikon lenses I have used. Definitely a pro grade lens for color, contrast and sharpness.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

daredevil123 said:
I think the 35/1.8 is sharper than the 35/2

The AF-S 35mm f1.8 cost $2150. To ex for me so Thot that to get the 35mm f2D issit good cos is only about $530 for this lens. See any brother or sister have got this lens can give a short review of this lens. Thanks :)

mscommerce said:
This is one of the best Nikon lenses I have used. Definitely a pro grade lens for color, contrast and sharpness.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi. How is the DOF for this lens ? Heard that the Bokeh is very nice :)

The AF-S 35mm f1.8 cost $2150. To ex for me so Thot that to get the 35mm f2D issit good cos is only about $530 for this lens. See any brother or sister have got this lens can give a short review of this lens. Thanks :)

tat's the 35 f/1.4 which costs 2150, not the f/1.8. 35mm f/1.8 is meant for DX only, but still can be used on FX using FX mode, n costs around 320+.

review of 35 f/1.4

[vid]f2C9EXiLnqQ[/vid]

tat's the 35 f/1.4 which costs 2150, not the f/1.8. 35mm f/1.8 is meant for DX only, but still can be used on FX using FX mode, n costs around 320+.

review of 35 f/1.4

[vid]f2C9EXiLnqQ[/vid]

lol this fake ang mo slang gia again.
he never fail to amuse me.

Last edited:
I have, vignettes noticeably. May be ok for those who love to vignette their shots, not me.

diediealsomustdive said:
I have, vignettes noticeably. May be ok for those who love to vignette their shots, not me.

I don't like vignettes too. I saw someone use this DX 35mmf1.8 there is abit of black at the 4 corner. That's Bad. I'm still looking at the FX lens as alot say are better even at f2.

lol this fake ang mo slang gia again.
he never fail to amuse me.

It's not fake. And it's british accent. He studies in england for quite a long time before he started hosting DigitalRev TV videos. People do change their accent if they stay in a foreign country for a long time.

Last edited:
I believe once you have tried the 35mm f1.4G, you will never look back to the 35mm f2D.
The object isolation effect, resolution, colour and contrasty level of the 35mm f1.4G at wide open f1.4 are amazing. The only thing that the 35mm f2D can beat is the price.

I believe once you have tried the 35mm f1.4G, you will never look back to the 35mm f2D.
The object isolation effect, resolution, colour and contrasty level of the 35mm f1.4G at wide open f1.4 are amazing. The only thing that the 35mm f2D can beat is the price.

Hehe, nice one Kentwong :)
F2 is good, and 1.4 is sharper
And it is true that you will never look back.

On FX, 35/2 is already fab. I still can't bear to sell this because it's so lightweight and takes all my 52mm filters.

Like kentwong81 said, yes, the 35/1.4 is even more fab!

It's not fake. And it's british accent. He studies in england for quite a long time before he started hosting DigitalRev TV videos. People do change their accent if they stay in a foreign country for a long time.

More a HongKonger accent. Well he speaks good English though, not our garbage Singlish.

I have the 35mm f/2D and I am happy with the quality it produces though I have not taken many shots with it yet. It's light weight, fast focus and good money for value. Would I recommend it? Yes. Here's a recent night shot taken with it @ F8 6s.
photostream

www.flickr.com/photos/kkgofootprint/5484971785/in/photostream

Last edited:
Gives me feeling he's mimicking 'Jeremy Clarkson' from Top Gear.