nikon 80~200 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyleong

Mar 10, 2005
Clementi
Hi.. newbie here..
whats the difference between the nikon 80~200mm F2.8 two touch and one touch?
thanks a lot for you help..

two touch is when they are two separate rings for focussing and zooming respectively. one touch is one ring for both functions together.

anywhere i can view the 2 different lens?

One touch you touch one time.

Two touch you touch two time. :sticktong

Sorry for the OT, anyway here is your answer.....

The one touch zoom touch you can zoom and focus at the same time. It's an older version but still gives you crsytal clear quality. No more in production.

The two touch zoom is you zoom first for your composition then focus on your subject. This is lens is quite sharp. Infact, it's as sharp as the 70-200VR. If my guess is not wrong, it should have stop production already. Not too sure about it as the 70-200 is the latest model.

kennyleong said:
Oh... Thanks a lot.. anyone has photos of both the lens? can send me at kenleong_00@hotmail.com.
thanks... :D

Go to this link. Good read for the review of this lens too.

http://www.camerahobby.com/Review-80200pro.htm

The one mounted with the Kirk Bracket is the Single touch.

Personally, one of the lens with amazing optics and I feel that is well worth the price. Go for it if you can afford.

THanks... What the cost for a mint one touch and two touch.? I found a person selling two touch at S$1.1 , it it worth it? :dunno:

kennyleong said:
THanks... What the cost for a mint one touch and two touch.? I found a person selling two touch at S$1.1 , it it worth it? :dunno:

I used to own the single touch. Optically both are the same and yield great results. I upgraded for two reasons, mainly because of non-D and secondly zoom creep. Do note that some later single touch comes with D. If you chanced on one with a lower price than the 2 touch and you are on a tight budget, I dun see why not.

so, is a 2 touch mint second hand costing 1.1k worth it? :dunno:

yes. price is around there

Pro Image said:
One touch you touch one time.

Two touch you touch two time. :sticktong

Sorry for the OT, anyway here is your answer.....

The one touch zoom touch you can zoom and focus at the same time. It's an older version but still gives you crsytal clear quality. No more in production.

The two touch zoom is you zoom first for your composition then focus on your subject. This is lens is quite sharp. Infact, it's as sharp as the 70-200VR. If my guess is not wrong, it should have stop production already. Not too sure about it as the 70-200 is the latest model.

80-200 ED still in production, it's 80-200 AFS thats no longer in production. The 1 touch or 2 touch version is the 80-200ED version.:p

kennyleong said:
so, is a 2 touch mint second hand costing 1.1k worth it? :dunno:

It will cost in $1000-$1250 range.
Depends on how badly the seller need the money :bsmilie:

Let me repeat the 5 brothers story. Let start from the youngest, his name is "VR 70-200mm F2.8 G two touch" which is very desire by ladies from digital nikon camera country but becasue of him picky natural can't be match with some ladies from nikon film camera country.

Then there the older but very macho super spec. fourth brother "AFS 80-200mm F2.8 two touch with tripod collar and big hood" which look good but have some interal flaw with AF that may need to go operation to correct which alway cause the parent to pay $480.00 to fix.

Now my friend "the one" that every parent want to marry their nikon camera to is the third brother "AFD 80-200mm F2.8 two touch with tripod collar" which work in prosperity and harmony with every ladies from nikon camera country.

Our story bring to the second brother "AFD 80-200mm F2.8 one touch with optional tripod collar" is still desire by ladies from nikon camera country. But he a bit slow due to his age.

Now my friend our story come to it end. The eldest brother "AF 80-200mm F2.8 one touch" the one we call the slow one. But due to his slow nature, it also desire by parent who want a performing partner that live with a bit slow for their daughter but don't to spend too much on their wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.