Nikon 70-200mm f4 G VRIII Next week ;)

i wan a f1.2 prime.....solid magnesium alloy built, not plastic again.

i wan a f1.2 prime.....solid magnesium alloy built, not plastic again.

I think one attractiveness of Nikkor G lens is that it's not as heavy as it's competitors and maintains quality.

Personally I would like to see a 35mm f/1.8G - the 50mm and 85mm had it's f/1.8G alternative, I'm curious why the 35mm doesn't have for FX.

Usually look at F4 fixed aperture zoom lens,

Must be built like Internal focus & zoom no extend like f2.8 brother.

The weight should be much much important to decide, less than <900g should be ok, of more than >1kg and not need think for it.
Unless got something closeups focusing or 1:2 macro mode.

Cheers!

Actually, just look at Canon's 70-200/4 IS, and you can get an idea of pricing, size and weight. Should not be too far off.

daredevil123 said:
Actually, just look at Canon's 70-200/4 IS, and you can get an idea of pricing, size and weight. Should not be too far off.

But on thing canon F4 IS wont work with AF X2 TC.

Still unknown Nikon version yet.

Last edited:
But on thing canon F4 IS wont work with AF X2 TC.

Still unknown Nikon version yet.

Think that's not a good option , using f4 lens with tc 2X will have only f8 aperture.

You would be better off with the 70-200 vrii & TC (brighter VF , easier to focus)

With the so called "third generation VR" coming with this lens, I think Nikon found another way to dig deep in our pocket yet again (at least to those considering this lens).. Makes me wonder in what way can be VR III improved against the already excellent VR II? Maybe with VR III, you can now have a sharp handheld shot, with 2seconds shutter speed, zoom in 200mm, in a super low light condition LOL!

Also can look at Nikkor's f/4 VR, the 16-35VR and 24-120VR - Their average RRP is SGD$2k. Then, look at the f/2.8 zooms - 14-24 and 24-70, both with average SGD$3.3k RRP.

I think Nikon have a high chance to price this above SGD$2k in terms of RRP as they would probably like to milk on the VR III. I'm guessing SGD$2,499 in RRP right now.

I waited so long for this lens.. Just 2 weeks ago bought my 80-200 F2.8 :(
Why this thing happening to me?

If it's a competition between canon and nkon, this new lens might be smaller, lighter, faster

Thats a good news for everyone, hopefully the weight its below 1kg. I sold my 80-200 f2.8 because of the weight.
The price should be slightly higher than C 70-200 F4 IS.

I'm in need of a 70-200 with VR.

This new Nikon 70-200mm f4 is in competition with the soon to be released Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009), weighing at 1470g.

Tamron -The most compact full-size, high-speed telephoto zoom lens, delivering leading-edge image quality with Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation) and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive). - SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A009)