Nikon 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 G ED VR

keongzai1981

Nov 13, 2010
Should get or not??

keongzai1981 said:
Should get or not??

You didn't even state what you want to use it for how do we know? General rule, if you don't know whether you need it, you don't.

agreed with spree, if you dont know what ya doing with that 55-300 its better to hold on to it 1st

Lol... Just needed a decent zoom lens... Still a newbi here...

decent zoom? oh then 200-300 is pretty more than enough.

I think the 18-55VR and 55-200VR are a good pairing for a budget shooter.
To me, having the additional 200-300mm (with the newer 55-300VR) is definitely useful, especially if it isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg for the extra reach.
I do think that once you get over 150mm on a DX camera, kinda hard to get fast enough shutter speeds to freeze hand-shake or motion blur.

keongzai1981 said:
Lol... Just needed a decent zoom lens... Still a newbi here...

I feel that the 18-55 kit lens is very decent. Don't buy something if you don't see the use for it, save the money for something you really need. Don't buy for the sake of buying.

hehe but hor, to a newbie like me right, the lens and all the gadgets like keep calling me ' lai lai.... buy me....... i am nice' :p

Then my purse keeps saying ' dont...... no money liao....... dont buy.......'

*I just being very honest hor*

hehe but hor, to a newbie like me right, the lens and all the gadgets like keep calling me ' lai lai.... buy me....... i am nice' :p

Then my purse keeps saying ' dont...... no money liao....... dont buy.......'

*I just being very honest hor*

Agree, BBB poison. But dun impulse buy can liao haha.

If u r considering buying the 55-200, then I will suggest to consider this option. Not really sure abt the IQ but the reach of my 200 is juz not enuff. N like one of the bros said, after 150mm, it's hard to shoot handheld (even with vr on).