nikon 50mm for group photo of 60 paxs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

May 9, 2006
bm
anybody has taken a group of 60 people with 50mm at indoor & outdoor before on a flight of stairs?
Please advice, TQ.

u need about 30m distance to squeeze everyone in

u need about 30m distance to squeeze everyone in

seconded, if everyone is in one row :). If u are using a DSLR worse still, due to crop factor. Also for multiple rows, u need a smaller aperture, and thus u may need to enlist the help of a flash:)

seconded, if everyone is in one row :). If u are using a DSLR worse still, due to crop factor. Also for multiple rows, u need a smaller aperture, and thus u may need to enlist the help of a flash:)

use canon FF camera can help a lot..

It's not possible, the depth of field is not enough and you'd have to stand way far back, especially if it's a DSLR you're using.

Eh....

when I was taking bodylength portraits on a 50mil for DSLR, I was already standing about 4m away... so I can't imagine how far away you'd have to stand for a group of 60 pax.... :sweat:

Go for a 17mil instead at least... or better still 12-24

60 people you are talking about f/8 or f/11. definitely need a flash. wide angle is a must!

one possible way is to shoot from a balcony with the ppl looking up. Just shoot the heads since the body will not be much visible. That way you will have all the faces. Best is outdooe so the sun will helps to brighten their faces.

Elas use a wider lens.

Hope this idea helps.

i assumed indoor. sorry. :)
- Sometime indoor also very bright.
- Depend on distance, you need powerful flash at f/8 or f/11.
- Using wide angle at a distance, you might no need f/8 or f/11. DoF at f/5.6 may enough.

Just my opinion ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

anybody has taken a group of 60 people with 50mm at indoor & outdoor before on a flight of stairs?
Please advice, TQ.

I use a 50mm indoor school hall to shoot a group of 50 ppl b4.
i use 1 main 2K infront, and 3 500w flash behind.
arrange 4 rows. F11 very good. tripod a must.

I would think you'll need multiple flash for a really balanced look. Something like F11-16 at least. Try to go wider lah, it's hard to fit in so many ppl in 50mm fov. Something like 28mm to 35mm will be ideal.

betweenS13S14_Small_1.JPG
[/IMG]QUOTE=DeSwitch;2610893]one possible way is to shoot from a balcony with the ppl looking up. Just shoot the heads since the body will not be much visible. That way you will have all the faces. Best is outdooe so the sun will helps to brighten their faces.

Elas use a wider lens.

Hope this idea helps.[/QUOTE]

that's my solution as no wide angle available, getting them to look up from the bricks!

betweenS13S14_Small_1.JPG

one possible way is to shoot from a balcony with the ppl looking up. Just shoot the heads since the body will not be much visible. That way you will have all the faces. Best is outdooe so the sun will helps to brighten their faces.

Elas use a wider lens.

Hope this idea helps.

that's my solution as no wide angle available, getting them to look up from the bricks!

Something like that but at a higher position would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.