Nikon 50mm 1.8 D


Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trevor_Tan

Guest
Just in case if anyone is interested with the above, I just bought one from Foto Guide @ $175 include GST. Anyway, it may not be the lowest but Cathay quote me $190 and AP is $175.
The shop say it is not "grey" but me also can't tell. Anyway to find out?
 

skf

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
668
1
18
Visit site
I suppose "grey" means parallel imported in Singapore and not thru local Nikon. If that is the case, if you see the Singapore warranty, then it is OK.

But then, how often do we need to send our lenses back for repair covered under warranty? (Fungus is not covered, user negligence - dropping, bathing is not)

So just test the lens quickly, make sure no complaints and thats it...
 

ckiang

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
6,405
0
36
47
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Originally posted by Trevor_Tan
Just in case if anyone is interested with the above, I just bought one from Foto Guide @ $175 include GST. Anyway, it may not be the lowest but Cathay quote me $190 and AP is $175.
The shop say it is not "grey" but me also can't tell. Anyway to find out?
If it comes with a Nikon Singapore warranty card, then it's not gray.

Regards
CK
 

T

Trevor_Tan

Guest
Originally posted by skf
I suppose "grey" means parallel imported in Singapore and not thru local Nikon. If that is the case, if you see the Singapore warranty, then it is OK.

But then, how often do we need to send our lenses back for repair covered under warranty? (Fungus is not covered, user negligence - dropping, bathing is not)

So just test the lens quickly, make sure no complaints and thats it...
The warranty card in the box is a worldwide warranty card. So I guess it is a grey product. But anyway, it look clean, focus fast and well, no complain yet. Anyway did anyone here acturally sent the warranty card?
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
43
shashinki.com
Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

The warranty card in the box is a worldwide warranty card. So I guess it is a grey product. But anyway, it look clean, focus fast and well, no complain yet. Anyway did anyone here acturally sent the warranty card?
It should be a worldwide warranty card, but with Nikon Singapore stamp on it. Most Nikon stuff (except USA) have worldwide warranty card, with international warranty, and stamp by the assigned distributor in the specific country.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.