Nikon 5000 vs Canon G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunbine

May 2, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Users of either both the cameras mentioned, please post your feedbacks and comments. Would like to know the difference before committing to either models.

I'm currently using a Nikon 885 and thinking of upgrading to something more manual-oriented.

Thanks,
Dunbine

Originally posted by Dunbine
Users of either both the cameras mentioned, please post your feedbacks and comments. Would like to know the difference before committing to either models.

I'm currently using a Nikon 885 and thinking of upgrading to something more manual-oriented.

Thanks,
Dunbine

Details of comparison can be found at dpreview.

Some of the comments and feedbacks there sounds ambigious. i would like to hear more of serious users found in this forum.

Cheers,
Dunbine

Originally posted by Goondu

Details of comparison can be found at dpreview.

I read through the review on G2 at dpreview.com. Still ain't sure what is the maximum optical zoom if using third-party lens.

Anyone can highlight on this?
Dunbine

I read through the review on G2 at dpreview.com. Still ain't sure what is the maximum optical zoom if using third-party lens.

Dunbine

Optical zoom is only 3x only. Don't quite understand what you meant by 3rd party lens.

third-party lens.
:dunno:

are u refering to teleconverter ?
no1 camera vendor / review site will recommend you to use it ...

if zoom factor is really concern to you , y not consider a dc tt comes with 10x zoom factor ?

Originally posted by megaweb

:dunno:

are u refering to teleconverter ?
no1 camera vendor / review site will recommend you to use it ...

if zoom factor is really concern to you , y not consider a dc tt comes with 10x zoom factor ?

Yeah, the Pro90 with IS. :D

Dunbine

if you want a big-zoom camera, just get one which comes with it. lugging around additional teleconveters would be troublesome and you may lose image quality (not to mention that good ones could be awfully expensive!).

i am not sure abt the nikon 5000

i had used the G2, Canon, not contax

and found it pretty intuitive, my first reaction to it was, 'oh mine, so many diff buttons,' but later found that it was primarily the menu, and the OK button that will do all the job, so in that human interface scoresheet, i rate it as pretty gd, as it is not complicated though i thought it looked complicated.

focusing could be a minor issue, bear in mind this is really a compact cam u are dealing with not a F90X, so u got to conform to it's focusing speed, which is not long, just not comparable to a F90 which is an SLR, etc. But overall, i found that focusing was comfortable after i had taken a couple of shots to explore it's focusing ability.

definitely not very gd for fast action stuffs, say if u need to cover an F1 race, or a soccer match. So the cue, i suggest is know what u want. If u are taking street photography, stills, or maybe just family shots, it is adequete.

ok, now the fun part abt the G2 is that i can switch to sepia, or black and white, when i want to shoot them in such colors. Of cos, later u would realise that the pics wwwwwould be better shot in color first then converted, but, what the heck, it's fun to be able to instantly see your pics and decide to snap, in black and white, then wait for the result. that's why u buy a digital isn't it? (at least that's what my reason is, pls dun feel impose )

ok, now, one bad pppppart abt the G2 is that while it is a compact cam, compared to your SLLLLLLR it is really small already, but i am really tempted if it has the size factor of nikon 5700, so u decide, which is more important.

that's all, this are my opinions, i hope it helps, pls be advise, i am reviewing from the aspect of a G2 user, so i know nuts abt nikon.

allll that i know abt it are from net too, like many.

At the same time, one thing i like abt the G2, is that i like the fact i could get a wide aperture of 2.0-2.4 while this is not so in nikon, if i recall correctly. Though, one setback, is that the mininum aperture is only F8 but, well, dun forget it is only a really fun compact camera!

so long:)

:rbounce: :gbounce: :rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.