Nikon 50 1.2

HTC One X

Jul 30, 2012
Singapore
Any idea if any shops are still carrying this? Didnt see it at the usual haunts. If so could someone kindly pm me price as well? Tks!

Hi there.

The Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS is still available new on order from Cathay Photo, afaik no other shops in Sg has it on the shelves. You will need to order, pay a deposit and probably wait for 1-2 months for delivery. Last year I checked with Cathay Photo Peninsula Plaza, they still takes orders. New is SGD900++.

I ordered mine from ebay.com and got it from a shop in HK. Paid S$730 for it with free shipping to my door. Arrived within a week of ordering. One of my fav lens.

Or you can buy a banged up old one from BNS for $650 range.

I bought a new one here with the optional original metal hood. Thought someone might want it and advertised it real cheap. No takers. Anyway, don't think it is hard to find.

Doesn't sound like a good deal if you can get it cheaper new in Japan.

Didn't realize that ... Yodobashi sells for JPY50,500 with 10% rebate or about $640 with $64 rebate, effectively costs $576. Hmm... maybe I will be picking up one in November...

Didn't realize that ... Yodobashi sells for JPY50,500 with 10% rebate or about $640 with $64 rebate, effectively costs $576. Hmm... maybe I will be picking up one in November...
Amazon.co.jp is selling slightly higher at ¥45,905. The lens hood is ¥1,254. Anyway, ¥45,000 seems like a good deal from Yodobashi.

shipped mine in from us from b&h photo via vpost. ordered the grey set cause i'm not gna need the warranty. easiest way to get this lens is order online, order through shops will probably take longer