Nikon 35mm f1.8 vs tamron 27-75 f2.8

CKEW1978

Sep 28, 2009
Singapore
I'm think to getting a portrait lens for my D90, use for wedding, family and travel purpose. Not sure which lens is suit me. I like to use f1.8, because can take in a low lights and quick in focus. Any advice here?

If you are only using 1 body with 1 lens at a wedding, a zoom lens may be more useful than a prime. But it all depends on your shooting style

I have another lens with me, Nikon 18-105.
But I'm more prefer to use 1.8, because i like to take nature human photos.

I'm think to getting a portrait lens for my D90, use for wedding, family and travel purpose. Not sure which lens is suit me. I like to use f1.8, because can take in a low lights and quick in focus. Any advice here?

Apparently, I would say 27-75 would be a safer bet... But it really depends on personal likings. Had saw photographers using primes while covering club's anniversary.

Last edited:
CKEW1978 said:
I have another lens with me, Nikon 18-105.
But I'm more prefer to use 1.8, because i like to take nature human photos.

Then get the 35mm.

If u shoot wedding just for the fun of it ..Either one iś ok .. 35mm would be much fun cos it makes u plan for ur shot before u press the trigger.

If u shoot a full wedding, either len cannot make it cos u need wider angle like 18mm min on ur d90. I actually suggest u get 18-105 kit len and 35 together, and u r set to conquer wedding photography.

I agree that 18-105mm together with 35mm f1.8 is an excellent combination. You should be able to cover most of the different types of shots.

thanks all, I have better pic now. :)