Nikon 24-120 for Tamron 28-75 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel you need the extra tele zoom. I have the 24-120 and tend to keep it below 70mm in most of my shots. So I guess it is a matter of personal preference and shooting styles.

Do you need it? you might find the aperture a bit lacking at times. understand what you really need before getting.

nmk said:
Do you feel you need the extra tele zoom. I have the 24-120 and tend to keep it below 70mm in most of my shots. So I guess it is a matter of personal preference and shooting styles.
whether i need the extra zoom really depends on the subject on the spot.

i'm wondering does it worth it if i trade off f2.8 for the VR.

West_ray said:
whether i need the extra zoom really depends on the subject on the spot.

i'm wondering does it worth it if i trade off f2.8 for the VR.

i had tried out the nikon 24-120VR on both the film and digital body before. here is what i can say about the lens. on film body, is a walk around perfect lens, nice colour and sharp compared to those zoom lens of this range. as to use it on a digital body, it tense to appear a bit soft...... but then is still depends on which digital body it is hook onto...just my view.

jesser said:
i had tried out the nikon 24-120VR on both the film and digital body before. here is what i can say about the lens. on film body, is a walk around perfect lens, nice colour and sharp compared to those zoom lens of this range. as to use it on a digital body, it tense to appear a bit soft...... but then is still depends on which digital body it is hook onto...just my view.
Yoz Jesser ... it's been quite some time ...

yeah tks for ur input. I tried it on my f100 last wk, not bad, but i still miss the wide angle, which i could not be satisfied with the 24mm ...

jesser said:

Hi jesser, uh can you share with us which body would this lens produce slightly soft images?

get what you need, not what you want...

West_ray said:
but isn't the tamron support on nikon bodies too? at least i'm using f100.
Then you try sending in the tamron to calibrate with your F100 and see.

espn said:
Then you try sending in the tamron to calibrate with your F100 and see.
lol:thumbsup:
will tamron service center(if it even exist) do it?

West_ray said:
wat will happ then ?
nikkor lens are build for best compatibility with nikon cameras...

West_ray said:
wat will happ then ?
You go try then let me know lor. Now is I know but you don't know ma.. so you go find out lor.

Status
Not open for further replies.