Nikon 18-300 vs Tamron 18-270

ST4Ever

Aug 6, 2014
Singapore
Hi, looking for a zoom lense to consolidate my various lense. I am looking at either the Nikon 18-300 or tamron 18-270. Nikon is high in term of cost while tamron now with their promotion is value for money now. of cuz there is tamron 16-300 at close to Nikon price.

in terms of price, tamron is much lower but I am not really sure if the picture produced will be on par? just wonder if anyone has used both lenses before, maybe can share on your thoughts. thanks. I am using D3300

Last edited:
What review sites have you checked so far? Such reviews are done in controlled environment, giving conclusive results whereas personal reviews are clouded by subjective factors which sometimes give rather hilarious reports.
Do keep in mind the compromises you have to make: image quality, maximum aperture. The concept of DSLR is to have the right lens for the right purpose. Super-zoom lenses contradict this somewhat.

I visited these,

cardinalphoto, photographyblog, DPreview, lenstip, aperture and lenshero

Both are quite ok, with the Nikon having faster autofocus capabilities and a larger aperture at 300mm, over the Tamron at 270mm.