Nikon 18-200mm VS Nikon D80 kit 18-135mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience that hasn't been true. Had the 18-135mm and the 18-200mm and, in my personal experience, have to say that the 18-200mm gives much better pictures.

It has been pretty visited that the 18-135 is sharper than the 18-200 at the corners at various focal length. Check out Thom Hogan's review. Here is a little side by side comparison of the two i did some time back. ( edge comparison of corner of a pic)

2437815547_dc355d31d7.jpg

But. Of course IQ was not i bought the 18-200mm for. It was for the convenience. And yes it can definitely take keepers.

Ryan

got use tripod? both focal length are same? VR is on or off? use tripod must be off.
From one look, i dont think it is a fair comparison.
i feel that there is difference in settings (focal length also different i suspect) and setup.
For 18-200, if you look at the sharpest book i.e. 2nd book counting from left side, it is already out of focus.

got use tripod? both focal length are same? VR is on or off? use tripod must be off.
From one look, i dont think it is a fair comparison.
i feel that there is difference in settings (focal length also different i suspect) and setup.
For 18-200, if you look at the sharpest book i.e. 2nd book counting from left side, it is already out of focus.

Yes tripod
All are fixed at 28mm, VR off ( why would u want to turn on VR under that kind of setting ? )
All the pictures you see are just but a small corner crop of a much bigger picture, hence the primary focus will of course not be in this part of the picture.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.