nikon 18-200mm VR vs nikon 105mm macro lens VR???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT a bit. Not sure what you meant by using extension tubes?

Are you trying to say that first put on the extension tube, macro converter then 18-200 lens?

Extension tube goes between the camera and the lens

So still need the macro converter?

Sorry, asking silly questions. I am super newbie.

So still need the macro converter?

Sorry, asking silly questions. I am super newbie.

No... it reduces the focusing distance. At the expense of a lil light loss and slightly lower picture quality. But it's definitely much better than just a macro converter filter in front.

So does the extension tube work with 18-200 len? For 1:1 how far is the len away from the subject?

Sorry to the TS, maybe I should create a new Post for my questions....

So does the extension tube work with 18-200 len? For 1:1 how far is the len away from the subject?

Dun think you can get 1:1 with such a setup.

You're better off getting a dedicated macro lens.

1:1 doens't dpeend on how far the lens is from the subject.

1:1 means that the image will be reproduced life size on the film negative or CCD (in the case of digital).

IN the film days, 35mm film is 24mm x 36mm. If you take a 1:1 reproduction of a 2cm diameter coin, it will appear as 2cm size on the film itself (which means that even at 3R, its one heck of a big coin).

Unless you're shooting insects or very very small things, most people don't need 1:1 even for macro work. For Full Frame, the question is, are you shooting objects smaller than 24mm x 36mm?

Status
Not open for further replies.