Nikon 1 V1 mirrorless system launched

Actually, it's a little bit of a fail.

It's targeted towards the very basic P&S crowd with limited external controls. Furthermore the 1" sensor, though bigger than the 1/1.7" advanced compact sensors is still only half the size of the micro 4/3rds and way smaller than the Samsung NX and Sony NEX APS-C options.

Also with a RRP of > $1200 (J1) you may definitely be better off not buying this camera. Other mirrorless options look far better value with their larger sensors and relatively mature lens ranges.

Anyway, will see what the actual numbers look like. But I think this is all a little embarrassing for the mirrorless world at large.

I am not impressed...

The RSP $1200 for J1 is definitely " No No " for me.

I hope that the actual market price could impress me.

These cameras are neither here nor there... if you know what i mean. :(

has anyone seen this on sale in singapore yet? if so, where?

The SG Nikon site has a link to places to buy. Very strange.

The SG Nikon site has a link to places to buy. Very strange.

I think because of many places have sold the grey set, so Nikon inform their authorized dealer list ?

For $1200 for a mirrorless camera? Only body? Compared to a proper DSLR? hmm... How is the picture quality comparing them?

To me it is priced too high. For that price I would look at the D5100 instead.

can use current lens or not?

From this post seems to be possible. Have not seen or read on other reviews yet on this topic.

Not the best solution. Might as well stick to my DSLR.

you can use f mount lenses via the Mount Adapter FT-1

Will any compactibility(AF, metering etc) or not when using the adapter? Thanks in advance.

Will any compactibility(AF, metering etc) or not when using the adapter? Thanks in advance.

According to the specs, metering and AF will be supported for all AF-S and AF-I lenses.