Nikkor Prime Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidsnake

Deregistered
Aug 18, 2009
What are the available prime lens for Nikon D300S for mainly wedding photography like pre wedding, rom or actual day?

theres so many
10.5mm
20mm
35mm
50mm
85mm
105, 135, 200, etc

What are the available prime lens for Nikon D300S for mainly wedding photography like pre wedding, rom or actual day?

Is it so hard to look at the nikon website? Or go to a shop and ask? Or look here on the priceguide? Or to look at the many many online websites devoted tothe nikon system, like kenrockwell.com?

Please, don't just ask to be spoonfed. Do some homework on your own.

they dont indicate it as prime lens, so how i know which one is prime lens?

Also, please remember that, other than macro lenses, a lens is not built as a "wedding lens" or a "ROM" lens. You can use your kit lens if you want to. The only limit is what's behind the camera, not what's attached to the front.

i hope u are not the main photographer for that day.

Is it so hard to look at the nikon website? Or go to a shop and ask? Or look here on the priceguide? Or to look at the many many online websites devoted tothe nikon system, like kenrockwell.com?

Please, don't just ask to be spoonfed. Do some homework on your own.

why do u have to be so "fierce?"

the TS may just be a newbie.. newbie will tend to ask silly questions at times..

do u have to answer in such a manner to the TS?

they dont indicate it as prime lens, so how i know which one is prime lens?

Hi, maybe a better qn to ask is what lenses are good for taking wedding shoots... but primes are good since they are generally fast lenses (large apperture) good for indoor/low lightings, n potraits of the bride n groom. then again u need to consider space constrains and whether the lens can give a wide enough angle for group shots.

from my laymen understanding Prime Lens generally refers to lenses with a fixed focal length (no zoom) and they usually have small f/stop e.g f/2, f/1,8, f/1,4 etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.