Nikkor AF lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

nokin

Dec 18, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi,
I'm a poor guy looking for a prime lens for my D70.
I'm looking at 2 lenses:
1. AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D
2. AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

I read some reviews on both these lenses, but I would like the opinions of some experienced users here (in particular the NUG). I actually want a faster fixed lens than the kit lens, with coverage of a film camera equivalent of 35mm. The AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 is a bit too expensive for me.

So I guess the 28mm f/2.8 should suit me fine as this will give me something like 42mm lens coverage on the D70 and my budget.

Anybody knows the estimate prices of the 28mm f/2.8 and 24mm f/2.8.

Thanks.

You can consider AF 20 f/2.8D, AF 35 f/2D or the AF 50 f/1.8D. Versatile, well loved range for primes. :)

espn said:
You can consider AF 20 f/2.8D, AF 35 f/2D or the AF 50 f/1.8D. Versatile, well loved range for primes. :)

Thanks espn for your very prompt response. I think I'll settle for the AF 35 f/2D as this is within my budget. The AF 20 f/2.8 is definitely better but will blow my pockets.

Thanks again.

How about trying the Sigma 24mm f1.8 EX DG Aspherical Macro?

chgoh

nokin said:
Hi,
I'm a poor guy looking for a prime lens for my D70.
I'm looking at 2 lenses:
1. AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D
2. AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

I read some reviews on both these lenses, but I would like the opinions of some experienced users here (in particular the NUG). I actually want a faster fixed lens than the kit lens, with coverage of a film camera equivalent of 35mm. The AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 is a bit too expensive for me.

So I guess the 28mm f/2.8 should suit me fine as this will give me something like 42mm lens coverage on the D70 and my budget.

Anybody knows the estimate prices of the 28mm f/2.8 and 24mm f/2.8.

Thanks.

nokin said:
Hey thanks for your recommendation. Do you know the price of this lens? What's the filter size? Reason why I was looking at the Nikkors is that they're all 52mm filter size and I have quite a number of filters of that size.

Thanks.
Note sure. You might want to check with Cathay.

chgoh

I would suggest you to buy first party prime lens rather than those 3rd party ones.

nokin said:
Hey thanks for your recommendation. Do you know the price of this lens? What's the filter size? Reason why I was looking at the Nikkors is that they're all 52mm filter size and I have quite a number of filters of that size.

Thanks.
Sigma 24mm f1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF MACRO filter size is 77mm. :bigeyes:

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/html/lenschart.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.