Nikkor 45mm f/2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benign

Jan 30, 2004
Melbourne
gallery127599.fotopic.net
Guys, I did some checking on this lens. I found there are several different markings/description on the lens.

The older ones got Nippon Kogaku printed.....the newer ones without.

Do I have to modify it to fit Dslr?

Is it worth buying if I already got 50mm(s)? :dunno:

Benign said:
Guys, I did some checking on this lens. I found there are several different markings/description on the lens.

The older ones got Nippon Kogaku printed.....the newer ones without.

Do I have to modify it to fit Dslr?

Is it worth buying if I already got 50mm(s)? :dunno:
If you're planning to use it on a DSLR, try getting the newer 'P' lens. These are 'chipped' lenses that will allow your camera to meter for you. If you use the older manual ones, you'd be forced to do the metering yourself unless you've got a D1, D2, D200 series camera.

You do know however, that regardless of the body you're using or the version of the lens you get, you'd still be focusing manually, right?

Still, if you're already using a 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4 there isn't any real need for this lens. It's very, very sharp and small and cute but if you've already got the 50mm...:dunno:

Cheers,
Matt

BBB, MTL, buy first, talk later :thumbsup:

Dennis said:
This is a discontinued lens, maybe can only get it from 2nd hand market.
this would be a rare find in the mkt. neat little lense, but it is MF - and not really too different (in terms of focal length) from a your 50f1.8. in addition, you would probably find it rather funny focusing this pancake lense on your large DSLR bodies.

i'd suggest keeping to you 50f1.8 on a DSLR... on an FM2 - it'll look really neat!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.