Nikkor 24mm F1.4 is a HAUNTED LENSE

HaimE

Oct 15, 2008
Woodland Dr 44
www.flickr.com
Today a CSer friend.. had just bought a brand new 24mm F1.4 Nano coating lens.. He was doing a comparison with a 30mm F1.4 Sigma lens.. He did a few comparison shot from all aperture setting using a tripod.

I was then asked to assist to do a second opinion comparison... I must admit that this lens is a GREAT, SUPERB lens... It is freaking sharp from centre to all sides.. It has the most creamiest BOKEH which in my opinion is nicer than a 85mm f1.4. I put that word clearly again " In my Opinion"

But then .. I suddenly realised.. something wrong..... one part of the picture... I saw a lady or maybe a small girl? wearing all white dress sitting by the field near some drain or canal or stream... Something is wrong with that picture..

1 - The place is a little too odd for anyone to be having picnic there.
2 - She is sitting all alone.
3 - There dont seem to have any one else playing on the field.
4 - She is wearing like a old fashion classic dress or Wedding dress.
5 - I dont see any camera man on the field.
6 - It very close to the main road.
7 - Lastly .... I dont know if it a ghost or not?

In summary of, from my own opinion, This Lens ROCKS, great, superb and it is soo good and sharp that you can even spot probably a "GHOST?".

Attached is the picture with full resolution for sharing: courtesy of Eric Chia. Try to spot yourself... No photo shop and this is at 24mm F1.4 wide open. What do you think?

4550907453_403bbb5180_b.jpg

This is the one he send me.. I uploaded to Flicker and link as usual .. But did you see the figure i was talking about??

Is it the one beside the tree?

Its not full resolution though. I cant zoom to that place to see it clearly/

Ah... I see it.

So in all of Nikon's great attempts to create the legendary Nano lenses, for the purpose of removing the lens ghost and flare... new ability to photograph other types of ghost? :sweat:

Thats rather close to the road so I'm not surprised if you find someone there.

I think I see something that fits the description. I wonder what it is but it's too small to confirm anything. Lucky your lens not THAT sharp. Ha ha!

Hmmm, cannot see much. Maybe or Maybe not a ghost. Reminder during my NS time at night ard 9pm+

Tumpang my fren bike returning home during drizzling. While passing through Corporation rd, there is a huge tree there beside the boys home. Saw this women in white with an umbrella flagging us. I look behind and saw no taxi lei. Then clearly she was flagging us. The funny part, the umbrella covers her intirely except the long hair and her white hands. and the scary part, when we nearing her, I saw the umbrella is that paper ones that was used long time ago. Green color somemore. I didnt tell my fren, but suddenly he speed up like hell. When we reach the expressway, he slowed down, wind up his visor and said "Did u saw that kakak?" I just nod in agreement. lol. Imagine if I had a camera with me, sure burst mode. lol

Faster take more photos like these in 'those places' and then put this lens up for sale at $10K. post in the SPI forums! :devil: :bsmilie:

seem to me is just sitting there...

so late still post this type !!!!
cannot sleep liao lah .......

hmm, u mentioned u guys were comparing it with the 30 1.4?
was she not captured when using the 30mm?

from the crop, i'm thinking it's just a white piece of cloth clinging on the tree =x

Last edited:
Haha, spooky indeed :p You can provide this to Nikon to create something similar to their existing S60 Face Detection ads :p