Nikkor 18-105 or 18-135

jloso

Jan 19, 2011
Im newbie here...need some advice
18-105 & 18-135... which lens are better for D3100
Thks

the answer's pretty simple.

find out wad's the usual focal length u will use. if u need a longer reach, then get the 18-135. otherwise get the 18-105

shoot more to discover how much more reach u need.

find out wad's the usual focal length u will use. if u need a longer reach, then get the 18-135. otherwise get the 18-105

Wat a diff btw 18-105 & 18-135...i know the length...more then tat? Thks

The 18-105 has VR.

Im newbie here...need some advice
18-105 & 18-135... which lens are better for D3100
Thks

it's not as simple as that... the 18-135mm doesn't have VR that's a big factor esp for zoom lenses unless u intend to shoot only on tripod or u have a pair of ultra stable hands. Although it gives u more reach, the lack of VR is big minus pt. google more to learn abt the pros n cons... :)

Vibration reduction, to me its very important cos i don't have very steady hands. Helps me a lot for my handheld shots.

Thks...........Now i know

Hehe.. Wat is vr? Will it effect the pic

Just for your info, when a lens says VR, IS, OS, VC etc etc.... It all means the same thing, to help with reducing the chances of blurring caused by camera shake.

it's not as simple as that... the 18-135mm doesn't have VR that's a big factor esp for zoom lenses unless u intend to shoot only on tripod or u have a pair of ultra stable hands. Although it gives u more reach, the lack of VR is big minus pt. google more to learn abt the pros n cons... :)

thks bro...i decide to buy 18-105

ah.. didnt notice that. my apologies.