Nikkor 10-24 f/3.5-4.5

peanutsjh

Oct 16, 2005
Hi everyone,

couldn't find a thread about this lens, so thought make one.

Anyone has pictures taken with this lens to share?
It seems there are tonnes of bad reviews about this lens and everyone's comparing it to the tokina 11-16 f/2.8 and saying that it's a better/cheaper option.

I would like something from UWA to WA, so the range of the nikkor 10-24 would be nice. Something that I can walk around and go on holidays with.
The tokina's 11-16 seems kinda limited.

so....Any advice? comments?

I'm a D7000 user and I don't think I'll be going FX anytime in the foreseeable future.

thankss! :)

regardless if it's 11-16mm or 10-24mm, the end result is still rather wide. It's true that 10-24mm is more flexible with it's focal range and the 1mm extra wider focal length. But in my opinion, the price you pay for these 2 lenses are greatly different. Discounting considering 2nd hand BnS section, a new piece is about $400 apart. In exchange, you get 1mm on the wide side and 8mm on the narrow end. But don't forget, you also lose the constant aperture. Many would say shooting landscape usualy takes at F8 ~ F16, that's usually true, but why not keep your options open to use the F/2.8 when you need it?

In short, $400 savings and F/2.8 is my reasoning to get the Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 for myself. let's hear opinions from other bros.

Hi everyone,

couldn't find a thread about this lens, so thought make one.

Anyone has pictures taken with this lens to share?
It seems there are tonnes of bad reviews about this lens and everyone's comparing it to the tokina 11-16 f/2.8 and saying that it's a better/cheaper option.

I would like something from UWA to WA, so the range of the nikkor 10-24 would be nice. Something that I can walk around and go on holidays with.
The tokina's 11-16 seems kinda limited.

so....Any advice? comments?

I'm a D7000 user and I don't think I'll be going FX anytime in the foreseeable future.

thankss! :)

u didnt search hard enuf.. there is one member who took nice pictures with it n coupled with a d5000.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...elix-Marina-Bay-Sands-with-Nikon-10-24mm-lens