Nikkon D50 and KM 5D

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
How do u guys compare between this 2 entry level DSLR?
Was thinking to get either one..
Please give me your comments.

:)

D5D got anti-shake which is better for low light photography and shaky hands.If lens range is not a big concern to you, go for the D5D.
If lense range are what you are after, Nikon.

wow..thats fast..Appreciate it..
How abt image quality?I thought all DSLR has got IS on lens?
How abt canon 350d?
Which will you recommend for a begineer to use?

Remember me? Sold my FZ5 and got myself KM D5D. Enjoyed using it very much.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: No regrets with the cam. Its cheap and stll delivers the quality for entry level.

Just my 0.02 cents from a newbie.;)

As said, D5D is a very good choice for beginners or hobbyists. Many beginners will welcome the AS function as hand-holding is a challenge for many beginners. In addition, the in-camera processing is closer to PnS cams than many other brands which produces more "pleasing-to-the-eye" images.

D50 will provide a smoother transition to D70 or D200 if you get more serious with the hobby, as you would already have the compatible lenses, flash system and what nots.
Although the same route can be charted for D5D by upgrading to D7D, I personally see D200 (and D2X)offering (at this point before KM retaliates) more "professional" functions.

It really depends on what you are looking for in photography. We have also seen many who regretted moving to DSLR. as these people prefer the hassle-free conveniences offered by PnS, and didn't really need the DSLR to shoot what they usually shoot.

:cool: the one ur more cormforatble with...both are equally good try dpreview.com for opinions too....my choice is nikon d50;)

Wait for the sitex on 27th nov
u can try out the 350d, d50,d70s, e500 and d5d,d7d then

D50, feels better in the hand.

ok..But can i find out from u guys,Both this DSLR comes with kit lens right?Whats the specs of the lens?

For km5d the kit lens is 18-70mm the optic quality is :thumbsup:
Taken yesterday with the el cheapo minolta kit lens
18-70mm handheld at 1/5 sec f/5.6
60409220_69c4e8b7ea.jpg

el cheapo minolta 75-300mm lens
60061005_2ee45ee2f2.jpg

sell the kit lens that come with the D50 and get the 18-70mm. Also can.

yeah km5D 18-70 3.5-5.6 DT lens. i think plastic mount but it's not a big problem. kit lenses are good enough. trust me. i shunned my 350D's kit lens and later ate my words when i bought one 2nd hand. good walkaround range.

the nikon 18-55 has an ED element. supposed to reduce CA and increase resolution etc etc, but in real world tests, you'll be hard pressed to find a difference.

if JSBN doens't pop into this thread to give his comments, PM him or see his post in the KM forum. you'll be amazed by the high ISO performance of the KM5D. :cool:

ok..so if i buy i just play ard with the kit lens first..
Haha..So excited..:)
Think i will get KM 5d as i like taking night shots.

yah just play around. don waste $$ gg around buying lens. wait for SITEX 27 nov. sure to have promotion

okie..Hope its by harvey norman so i can take up the installment plan..Dun feel like taking so much cash out.Heart Pain..:cool:

A lot of the functions in the 5D you have to access from the menu, more troublesome, when you need quick access to some functions in the D50, you just turn the dials.

gary wong said:
A lot of the functions in the 5D you have to access from the menu, more troublesome, when you need quick access to some functions in the D50, you just turn the dials.

Just for your information, 5D allowed you to access ISO with one button and white balance also with one button. No need to access the menu. But for me, the ISO button is very useful for me:)

Yah, the DOF preview button which 5D also have but I feel it is not as impt as the IS0 which you will use it more frequently;)

Nikon has huge range of lenses and accessories, original and third-party. They also have a huge user-base, which means it'll be a lot easier to buy/sell/trade your system, either in whole or in parts. And for some strange reason, whenever you hold a Nikon, laypeople tend to think you very pro. It's the brand name, lah. (I've heard of people comment, "That pro use Minolta only. Like that very good, meh?")

KM, in my (probably biased) opinion, is technologically more advanced than Nikon. Case-in-point, the anti-shake system. Once you use it, I swear you'll never want to use another system without it. Other brands may have VR lenses, but if I may jump the gun and make assumptions, the fact that you're considering a D50 probably means you won't be able to afford the VR lenses. And even if you do buy one, it's just one lens, and might not be the lens that you'd be using most of the time. KM's D5D effectively converts ALL your lenses into VR ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.