:: Nikki ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jia Wang

Feb 20, 2004
Starry Night
www.pbase.com
Thanks to the World Cup, I only managed to process some shots from her first outfit... The rest are work in progress...

I felt the lights were tricky to control (for me at least), so here's just a few for C&C :)

1)
62783884.jpg

2) My usual... (a bit soft this time)
62783888.jpg

3) Technically, it's full of flaws... but still... I kinda like this... ;)
62783904.jpg

Yeah! I agree with carnage 3630.. nice rays.. gd pose.. only pity is the metal grill on the floor.. a bit distracting.. but then if you had shifted her a little backwards, you may not get the light in this manner..

pardon me for saying this.. but i realised u like to do half facial shots. that's just something i notice in most of ur portraiture shots.

i oso like the third pix... nice backlit

carnage3630 said:
Jia wang, I like your no3.
cool posture of Nikki and rays of light behind her create a special effect.
Think this is the one u showed me on the spot right? Good Take!

Yup... that's the one... sadly, one of the very few that I liked... :bsmilie:

jiven said:
Yeah! I agree with carnage 3630.. nice rays.. gd pose.. only pity is the metal grill on the floor.. a bit distracting.. but then if you had shifted her a little backwards, you may not get the light in this manner..

Not everything in life has to be perfect, I guess ;)

drumma said:
pardon me for saying this.. but i realised u like to do half facial shots. that's just something i notice in most of ur portraiture shots.

You are right... something I like to do... thanks for noticing... you are pardoned ;)

flaws in the third one? i tink the flare added on the additional touch to watever needs to be there in that shot man...

cheerios...

third one had potential to be a good shot.but her expression a bit stone in this one..so could not bring out the mood the flare and strong lighting gave..

I like the composition of the 3rd pic also... sadly to say it spoils by the flare. :(

Didn't you notice the flare when you shoot?

Witness said:
flaws in the third one? i tink the flare added on the additional touch to watever needs to be there in that shot man...

cheerios...

novello 76 said:
third one had potential to be a good shot.but her expression a bit stone in this one..so could not bring out the mood the flare and strong lighting gave..

sykestang said:
I like the composition of the 3rd pic also... sadly to say it spoils by the flare.

Didn't you notice the flare when you shoot?

I knew my lens would produce flares under such lighting conditions... And I saw the the flare when I took the shot. :)

Thanks for all the feedback... I think such a trick won't work all the time... But no harm experimenting, I guess... :bsmilie:
As I said, it's a textbook 'flaw'... which I decided to commit... ;)

#3 :thumbsup: regardless if its intentional or unintentional, PS effect or not. still i like it :)

thanks for sharing

btw

according to some of the exif in your pics says "flash did not fire" how come the face is still ahmmmm (don't know exactly the right words) especially those pics with backlights. does metering (mode) have/has something to do with it, or just a handy dandy reflector?

Jia Wang said:
A few more...
(Entire series is HERE)

5)
62805165.jpg

6)
62805173.jpg

I like the silouette! And the walk is really pretty! Nice!

Now I know why you go up close and personal.......to capture such great shots!:D

Btw, nice meeting up!

thobs said:
btw

according to some of the exif in your pics says "flash did not fire" how come the face is still ahmmmm (don't know exactly the right words) especially those pics with backlights. does metering (mode) have/has something to do with it, or just a handy dandy reflector?

Both the metering and handy dandy reflector plays a part, I guess... the fill in comes mainly from the reflector... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.