Nike Factory in Malaysia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike, just do it! Shame!

We only hear one sided story...will the workers life be better without Nike? I don't think so :think:

This is common problem in less developed country....not to single out Nike....basic lodging and living condition seems unacceptable to some but it is part and parcel of progress...we do have our Bangladesh worker living in bulk refuse room in our HDB block and I don't think that's very much better but they seems happy and contented as that's a far cry from where they came from :sweat:

We only hear one sided story...will the workers life be better without Nike? I don't think so :think:

This is common problem in less developed country....not to single out Nike....basic lodging and living condition seems unacceptable to some but it is part and parcel of progress...we do have our Bangladesh worker living in bulk refuse room in our HDB block and I don't think that's very much better but they seems happy and contented as that's a far cry from where they came from :sweat:
Yeah, but not 350 people in a cramped place, and their passports are being kept away from them. Like the Vietnamese workers.........no matter what, they should be at least free to leave. With their passports being held, they can't leave and are open to blackmailing.

HS

This is a sad story, and many say "they are still better off than from where they came from", but that's not the point. The point is that they work in Malaysia and should be treated close as to what locals would be treated, saying they still live better than home is a sad excuse

This is all about how to make the biggest profits as possible, on the expense of humanity

HS

A friend from Hong Kong told me he joined a Stop Nike Group after seeing this broadcast and never buys Nike again.

Yeah, but not 350 people in a cramped place, and their passports are being kept away from them. Like the Vietnamese workers.........no matter what, they should be at least free to leave. With their passports being held, they can't leave and are open to blackmailing.

HS

I could be wrong though but still I don't believe Nike has the right to do so, the implication is simply too great for a multi national company like them.....most likely these are the job of middle man or agents who are trying to exploit the labor force that they supplied to the factory :sweat:

I could be wrong though but still I don't believe Nike has the right to do so, the implication is simply too great for a multi national company like them.....most likely these are the job of middle man or agents who are trying to exploit the labor force that they supplied to the factory :sweat:
Nike still has the duty to make sure the staff is looked well after, Nike has been reprimanded many times for this over the years, and yet they still can't do the check..........

It is like a housebuilder's main contractor who hires subcontractors.......the houseowner don't really care how any subcontractirs there are, anything wrong, the main contractor will get it most of the time

Also, it could be that Nike doesn't pay the subcontractors well enough, so they also have to cut costs???? Or it could just be greedy people

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.