Nightlife Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihang

Hello, i'm venturing into taking photos of clubs and concerts...etc

any pros here that can enlighten me on techniques and tricks?

I have tried taking photos for a club event recently, and its rather difficult, its really dark so i have to leave the exposure time long....but how in the world am i going to set up the tripod?!??!? and plus, the people are always moving.......so..you get it.....ARGGHHHH
:confused: :confused:

so, any pros can help me out here?? to get that great shot

oh yea, some other guy at that club used an external flash...but the photos turned out really crappy..hahahah

:sticktong :sticktong :sticktong

Hello, i'm venturing into taking photos of clubs and concerts...etc

any pros here that can enlighten me on techniques and tricks?

I have tried taking photos for a club event recently, and its rather difficult, its really dark so i have to leave the exposure time long....but how in the world am i going to set up the tripod?!??!? and plus, the people are always moving.......so..you get it.....ARGGHHHH
:confused: :confused:

so, any pros can help me out here?? to get that great shot

oh yea, some other guy at that club used an external flash...but the photos turned out really crappy..hahahah

Front sync flash will always give you a subject bright and BG dark picture. Try experimenting with various flash modes, rear sync, slow sync, etc... pump up the ISO slightly and use a longer shutter speed to get more of the BG.

I'm by no means a pro.. but the trick is to use Manual mode with a flash..
up the ISO, open up the aperture and set the shutter speed to your liking..
about 1/20, 1/10 should let enough enough background light in while the flash would freeze the action..

523317354_aa06c8ef16.jpg

should get something like this..

Bro,

Not too sure how this guy set up his cam and flash. I've tried doing that for my good buddy's party some mths back. All the pics turned out fine. and I was using shutter speeds as fast as 1/60, 1/80, 1/100 etc...

SO personally, External Flash MUST have... Else, just fire your internal flash, but results may not be as good...

No hard and fast rule... You need to depend on the situation.

Everything's back to basics:
Eg: How to capture more ambient light?
- Open your shutter longer
- Wider aperature size (smaller f-stop number)
- Higher ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.