Night walk through crowded Chinatown

Status
Not open for further replies.

thoa_rs

Jan 10, 2003
Siglap
Visit site
click me
Not really happy with the shots, many were underexposed and blurred. Wasn't able to use much of my tripod as it was SO CROWDED!!

Any tips on how to improve is greatly appreciated.

Btw, pics were taken by an A40.

newbie here, guys what are the advantage of using tripod & when to use it?

thx!

Originally posted by jamez
newbie here, guys what are the advantage of using tripod & when to use it?

thx!

Hi jamez,

Normally you'll use a tripod to eliminate camera shake that would cause your pics to become blur. Most of the time this would happend when you are taking night scene without flash, and the shutter speed is typically very long (it is recommended to use a tripod when the shutter speed is 1/30s or slower). Other cases would be when you are using long telephoto lenses or telezoom, in which case it is good to keep the shutter speed above 1/(focal length) of your lens to reduce blurness due to camera shake (eg. 1/250s for 200mm). A tripod with a shutter trigger (eg. shutter release string or timer or remote control) is important especially when you want razor sharp pics.

Hope that helps. :)

Originally posted by ziploc

A tripod with a shutter trigger (eg. shutter release string or timer or remote control) is important especially when you want razor sharp pics.

or you could always just use the timer if you got no money like me :D

Originally posted by ziploc

Hi jamez,

Normally you'll use a tripod to eliminate camera shake that would cause your pics to become blur. Most of the time this would happend when you are taking night scene without flash, and the shutter speed is typically very long (it is recommended to use a tripod when the shutter speed is 1/30s or slower). Other cases would be when you are using long telephoto lenses or telezoom, in which case it is good to keep the shutter speed above 1/(focal length) of your lens to reduce blurness due to camera shake (eg. 1/250s for 200mm). A tripod with a shutter trigger (eg. shutter release string or timer or remote control) is important especially when you want razor sharp pics.

great, now i understand

Originally posted by thoa_rs

or you could always just use the timer if you got no money like me :D

:light:

Status
Not open for further replies.