Night View Across CTE Balestier

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinlkh

Apr 25, 2007
Night_scene.JPG

Hi, my first post.

just bought my first SLR (d or otherwise, anyway i missed the pre-d period.. :))

D80, Nikkor 18-200mm VR

now playing around with shutter speed.

Took this at around 9pm from my study window. noticed the sky was quite bright n a bit reddish... maybe due to recent rains..

Critique sought:
1) Is the picture sharp enough? or bright enough?
2) Is the composition okay?
3) Please feel free to comment on anything, good or bad.

Thanks!

Hi there :)

1) perhaps you can post a bigger photo so we can critque on the photo more accurately. but it looks pretty well exposed.
2) personally i feel that the attention is divded into half. one goes to the sky, the other goes to the buildings. you can actually try to do a photostitch. :)
3) well done. have fun with your new toy! cheers.

err ur pic kinda small to tell sharp or not

the hdb lights are all over
u also mention the sky was bright and reddish, dun quite convey in ur pic.

as for composition, well is just another hdb flat setting. might want to try a tighter crop.

err ur pic kinda small to tell sharp or not

the hdb lights are all over
u also mention the sky was bright and reddish, dun quite convey in ur pic.

as for composition, well is just another hdb flat setting. might want to try a tighter crop.

hi,

regarding the hdb lights, my shutter speed was set to 5 sec... if any shorter, the whole picture will look too dark.. but if longer the lights will become "enlarged" and "all over".. like wat u said...

wat can i do so that the lights are in their place and at the same time the picture is not too dim?

haha. i like your comments regarding my composition " another hdb flat setting"... short n incisive..

actually the original picture looked quite sharp to me.. its just that i onli used microsoft picture manager to lower file size n resolution... (dun have photoshop)

haha paiseh paiseh, cause been seeing too many hdb pics from my students. getting boring ah.

well with the lights issue, u might want to dbl expose, with metering on the sky then the lights. not too sure if the d80 can do that, else ps it.

just an idea for a reddish sky, shoot with 1/3 below hdb flats, and 2/3 reddish sky. better effect if got clouds.

dun use pic manager, dl one of the freeware around. google for faststone.

got it thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.