night street photography

AkemiOgre

Oct 30, 2010
Hi guys me and my friend (both student) are planning to have a cityscape shoot at orchard late at night ~11pm -1am on a weekday. Do any of you have any experience? Is it safe to do so? Thank you.

Hi guys me and my friend (both student) are planning to have a cityscape shoot at orchard late at night ~11pm -1am on a weekday. Do any of you have any experience? Is it safe to do so? Thank you.

Safe? Yes. Bring a tripod.

It is safe to assume you can take pictures there, yes.

Generally safe in SG , no worries but do still apply common sense like not leaving your camera gear unattended.

Don't talk to unusual looking females near Orchard Tower.

Don't talk to unusual looking females near Orchard Tower.
I got name-called for mentioning an ear that looked different from mine. How dare you calling these humans 'unusual'? :) They are of a different type of beauty ;)

I got name-called for mentioning an ear that looked different from mine. How dare you calling these humans 'unusual'? :) They are of a different type of beauty ;)

unique is also unusual, so is special. I guess different type of beauty is the word I shd have used.

Lol loving this thread, camping here

I don't think anyone can calculate the chances of the tree branch splitting and falling on u....

Just kidding.. it is relatively safe, just keep an eye out for your gears and yourself

I used to asked whether is it safe to travel this and there alone. One senior forum member replied me with a question, "DEFINE SAFE".

Safety is a subjective point of view.

If you ask me, I'll say it is reasonably and practicably safe to shoot at night if you open your eyes big big...

Cheers!

I used to asked whether is it safe to travel this and there alone. One senior forum member replied me with a question, "DEFINE SAFE".

If you ask me, I'll say it is reasonably and practicably safe to shoot at night if you open your eyes big big...

Cheers!

Define what would make your eyes open “big big" :bsmilie:

why at this time?

to have less human traffic in your shots?

Staying safe means exercising common sense. If you feel uncomfortable its best to trust your instincts and leave. Just make sure u tell ur family where u have gone and when u will be back.

Cheers!

Well maybe I'm not clear when asking But actually I was refering more to the external factors of dangers :)

Well maybe I'm not clear when asking But actually I was refering more to the external factors of dangers :)
Why don't you go there some days earlier, at the same time and just observe?