night street photography

Oct 30, 2010
Hi guys me and my friend (both student) are planning to have a cityscape shoot at orchard late at night ~11pm -1am on a weekday. Do any of you have any experience? Is it safe to do so? Thank you.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Hi guys me and my friend (both student) are planning to have a cityscape shoot at orchard late at night ~11pm -1am on a weekday. Do any of you have any experience? Is it safe to do so? Thank you.
Safe? Yes. Bring a tripod.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
It is safe to assume you can take pictures there, yes.

keithwee

Staff member
Aug 20, 2010
LittleRedDot
Generally safe in SG , no worries but do still apply common sense like not leaving your camera gear unattended.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Don't talk to unusual looking females near Orchard Tower.
I got name-called for mentioning an ear that looked different from mine. How dare you calling these humans 'unusual'? :) They are of a different type of beauty ;)

Foxshade

Jun 26, 2009
In cat's stomach
I got name-called for mentioning an ear that looked different from mine. How dare you calling these humans 'unusual'? :) They are of a different type of beauty ;)
unique is also unusual, so is special. I guess different type of beauty is the word I shd have used.

fatbike

Aug 25, 2011
Lol loving this thread, camping here

Aug 24, 2012
Yishun
I don't think anyone can calculate the chances of the tree branch splitting and falling on u....

Just kidding.. it is relatively safe, just keep an eye out for your gears and yourself

lewissac

Sep 20, 2011
I used to asked whether is it safe to travel this and there alone. One senior forum member replied me with a question, "DEFINE SAFE".

Safety is a subjective point of view.

If you ask me, I'll say it is reasonably and practicably safe to shoot at night if you open your eyes big big...

Cheers!

kei1309

Apr 12, 2010
Earth
www.facebook.com
I used to asked whether is it safe to travel this and there alone. One senior forum member replied me with a question, "DEFINE SAFE".

If you ask me, I'll say it is reasonably and practicably safe to shoot at night if you open your eyes big big...

Cheers!
Define what would make your eyes open “big big" :bsmilie:

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
why at this time?

to have less human traffic in your shots?

snowver

Oct 24, 2011
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Staying safe means exercising common sense. If you feel uncomfortable its best to trust your instincts and leave. Just make sure u tell ur family where u have gone and when u will be back.

Oct 30, 2010

Cheers!
Well maybe I'm not clear when asking But actually I was refering more to the external factors of dangers :)

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Well maybe I'm not clear when asking But actually I was refering more to the external factors of dangers :)
Why don't you go there some days earlier, at the same time and just observe?

Top Bottom